Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Military Illegally Spying On Progressive Protesters/Activists
Peter

Granted it's is pretty brazen stuff; an illustration of just how arrogant the 'National Security State' apparatus has become. But I have to say I'm not in the least surprised, or even -dare I say- outraged by it (my outrage equipment is becoming dulled and jaded by overwork these days :burnoutSmile

One thing I know, with absolute clarity, is that the moment ANY grouping potentially threatening (or even mildly interesting) to so called 'national security' interests, starts to organise for action; that is the moment it will be targeted for penetration by NSS Agencies. Any such organisation that works on the assumption that its chairman or membership secretary, or some other key member, is NOT reporting back to one of those Agencies is, quite frankly naive.

The same applies to discussion groups like this except that, if no action is being organised, it is probably deemed sufficient to apply techie-type monitoring and filtering with triggers for 'take a closer look' or whatever - a bit like the old Echelon system. The odd bit of disinfo may be attempted and no doubt members cards are marked in come fashion, but otherwise it keeps us out of mischief.

Big Brother IS watching us in other words. That is my own working assumption anyway.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
US Military Illegally Spying On Progressive Protesters/Activists - by Peter Presland - 30-07-2009, 10:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama Deploys Military in Labor Dispute Magda Hassan 2 3,740 24-01-2012, 03:34 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Met police are accused of pursuing a 'vindictive' case against UK Uncut tax protesters Magda Hassan 0 2,785 24-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Yemen uses nerve gas on protesters Magda Hassan 0 2,663 11-03-2011, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Re: Military on US soil, TOPOFF exercise Ed Jewett 4 4,645 26-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  President Kennedy opposed outsourcing in 1961, Progressive much? Myra Bronstein 0 4,407 18-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Myra Bronstein