Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Military Contractors - Data Dump
Thanks, Magda. I've have gotten to it (it's that important). Sorry it was a little sloppy. But it can be expanded and polished and updated...

I should have thought to include the thoughts of Peter Dale Scott (indeed, they probably triggered the focus) in his recent piece entitled

"The Real Grand Chessboard and the Profiteers of War"...
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?c...&aid=14672

when, in talking about those "who are authorized to commit violence in the name of their employers", he said:

"These corporations are reminiscent of the marauding condottieri or private mercenary armies contracted for by the wealthy city states of Renaissance Italy.*

With the hindsight of history, we can see the contribution of the notoriously capricious Condottieri to the violence they are supposedly hired to deal with. Some, when unemployed, became little more than predatory bandits."

When you consider this in conjunction with the sub rosa control of finance by banker-totalitarianism, the likely access by the mercenaries to dcorporate and personal data surveilled through the other security state apparatus and its economic espionage and civil rights abuse potentials, you begin to wonder if these rabid para-military types carry red shields, and you probably begin to have nightmares and even daytime fear.

* He footnotes two others who saw the same parallels, including this: "The New Condottieri and US Policy: The Privatization of Conflict and Its Implications," U.S. Army War College, Parameters, Winter 2002,
www.carlisle.army.mil/usawc/Parameters/02winter/smith.pdf, 104.

####

Added on edit:

From WikiPedia:

"In the year 1812, a large quantity of provisions for the army were purchased at Troy, N.Y., by Elbert Anderson, a government contractor. The goods were inspected by two brothers, Ebenezer and Samuel Wilson. The last named was invariably known among the workmen as "Uncle Sam." The packages were marked E.A.-U.S. On being asked the meaning of these initials, a workman jokingly replied that he did not know unless they meant Elbert Anderson and Uncle Sam. So the title became current among the workmen, soldiers, and people, and the United States Government is known now by those who affectionately call it Uncle Sam [3]"

"The most famous image of the Uncle Sam persona was a World War I recruiting image that depicted a stern Sam pointing his finger at the viewer and declaring, "I want you." It was painted by artist James Montgomery Flagg in 1917, just prior to US involvement in World War I."
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Private Military Contractors - Data Dump - by Ed Jewett - 02-09-2009, 09:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAND Corporation, the Military and Hybrid War Lauren Johnson 1 7,002 28-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  National Suicide: Military Aid to the Soviet Union David Guyatt 0 3,506 06-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Washington's military addiction - Engelhardt Tracy Riddle 0 4,407 13-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  US Defence Contractors Get Hot Over Surge in Mid-East/African Conflict Level David Guyatt 0 5,344 08-12-2015, 02:16 PM
  My Lai - Just One Of Many Genocidal Episodes by US Military & Govt. Peter Lemkin 2 7,196 09-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  The Military-Industrial Complex Ed Jewett 1 3,060 07-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Map: 200 Years of US Military Interventions Tracy Riddle 1 3,502 23-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Putin signals growth of Russian Private Military Contractors David Guyatt 0 3,266 18-11-2014, 12:08 PM
  US Military Suddenly Decides to Classify Its Analysis of Afghan Troop Capability Magda Hassan 0 2,916 30-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The U.S. Military Has No Idea What It Owns Tracy Riddle 2 3,383 17-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle