Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rendon
Magda - more sterling efforts in the service of truth. :handkiss:

It's all quotable, but the passage below is fundamental to the process of news management.

Quote:Most troubling by far is that when S&S [Stars and Stripes] asked the military about Rendon, they denied the existence of these reports. I’m holding one of these reports in my hand right now, trust me, it exists. I’ve also met people who work for The Rendon Group in Kabul. In conversations, they deny that there is any nefarious objective to what they do. “We just help the military figure out what embed is right for a particular reporter,” one Rendon employee told me over drinks. “If a reporter is classified as “negative” they are less likely to go where the action is and more likely to be covering a platoon that guards sandbags in Herat.”

An embedded journalist is not a journalist. He or she is either a propagandist - eg Faux News at the front line in Fallujah, telling lies about the medieval slaughter of men, women and children with conventional or chemical weapons - or a potential security risk.

MSM sucks. But not all MSM journalists necessarily suck.

Robert Fisk remains a truth teller.

ITN's Terry Lloyd and members of his team were murdered for being unembedded, and therefore in the right place at the right time.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 07:40 AM
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 07:51 AM
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Rendon - by Magda Hassan - 09-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Rendon - by Jan Klimkowski - 09-09-2009, 07:26 PM