Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naomi Klein Interviews Michael Moore on the Perils of Capitalism
Magda, I certainly didn't mean to ignore the Russian sacrifices and losses in what we've come to call World War II. Thank you for bringing it up. They saved the U.S.A. once or twice before that time as well. As an American, I feel a very deep respect for my Russian brothers and sisters and those facts.

It has been my impression that the industrial and logistical support of the U.S.A. was critical in winning WWII, and without it Russia would have fallen, or at least, Germany and Russia and others involved would have ground each other to bits as had happened in so many other wars before created by the financier elite (Let's you and him fight.) Then the infamous financier elite pick up the pieces.

The principles I refer to are those of the the Declaration of Independence and the Preamble to the Constitution--All men created equal and endowed by the Creator... The General Welfare...

Not John Locke beastialism, but... " There is a twofold liberty, natural . . . and civil or federal. The first is common to man with beasts and other creatures. … it is a liberty to evil as well as to good . . . and cannot endure the least restraint of the most just authority. The exercise and maintaining of this liberty makes men grow more evil, and in time to be worse than brute beasts: omnes sumus licentia deteriores. This is that great enemy of truth and peace, that wild beast, which all the ordinances of God are bent against, to restrain and subdue it. The other kind of liberty I call civil or federal; it may also be termed moral, in reference to the covenant between God and man, in the moral law, and the politic covenants and constitutions, amongst men themselves . . . and it is a liberty to that only which is good, just, and honest. This liberty you are to stand for, with the hazard (not only of your goods, but) of your lives, if need be." (- On Liberty, John Winthrop, 1645)

Not free trade, but Alex. Hamilton’s principles of political economy, Abraham Lincoln, Mathew and Henry Carey, Bismarck, Henry Clay, FDR...

Westphalian principles not Tony Blair's...

Messages In This Thread
Naomi Klein Interviews Michael Moore on the Perils of Capitalism - by Gary McGowan - 23-11-2009, 06:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In order to survive, humanity must end capitalism! Peter Lemkin 0 2,240 26-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Capitalism: A Ghost Story Lauren Johnson 1 3,077 23-04-2014, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Global capitalism and 21st century fascism Lauren Johnson 10 6,736 28-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  The Social Cost of Capitalism - Paul Craig Roberts Adele Edisen 4 4,114 01-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Crises of Capitalism Adele Edisen 6 5,103 14-04-2013, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Six Arguments for the Elimination of Capitalism Ed Jewett 2 3,620 08-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  An InformationClearingHouse Video Two-fer: Social Justice ?'s & Crises of Capitalism Ed Jewett 0 2,797 31-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Unfettered Capitalism - Chris Hedges & Michael Moore Magda Hassan 1 3,194 04-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Seamus Coogan
  Analyzing Capitalism: The Left’s Crisis Ed Jewett 1 3,590 17-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gary Severson
  When capitalism and communism will become anachronism: A Newest Form of Democracy. Nicholas Popov 24 18,546 17-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Nicholas Popov