Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Climate Change proponents emails and files hacked
I believed it. The theory seemed reasonable before, say, in the 1980s, then we started seeing real changes in climate and there was this theory to explain it. The media did a good job at presenting it as "the whole world scientific community believes this is happening but the US is dragging its feet because of oil money."

I didn't bother to look at the science. Even when Michael Crichton in his famous interview on BBC said "show me the evidence," it didn't click for me. Not that I'm even a small fan of his writing, but his words were right, science has to base itself on empirical evidence.

When I finally got around to looking into it, all I found was computer modeling of climate. This is akin to, but less accurate than, using tarot cards to predict climate change. It is inherently subjective, especially since the people involved are not disinterested and climate is so little understood. Heck, fluid dynamics is little understood even now.

What I did find was a plausible explanation for climate change in the late 80s till now based on solar radiation flux. I also found that the temperature variations we had experienced were very mild compared to the geological record. I did not find any sea-level rising (although I might not be looking in the right places) or really extraordinary changes in glaciers or icecaps, no real attrition of the Greenland or Antarctic icecaps.

And then I had to look at the politics and furore surrounding it all. Using AGW as a control mechanism, as an economic austerity program, as a wealth-transfer vehicle. Is there something more to it? I don't know. I had a nightmare once about the world going dark, and global warming seems much preferable to global cooling, as a general rule.

AGW also provides a pretext for geopathology experiments under guise of terraforming to engineer an antidote to AGW. I mean chemtrails. How spreading barium isotope salts and aluminium in the upper air serves the interests of life, I can't for the life of me see.

Then there's the issue of hypocrisy. Gore, the oilman, having lakes artificially filled during droughts so he can have a photo-op in a canoe etc. HAARP superheating the ionosphere. the US military's "carbon footprint." Reducing carbon emissions isn't harmless if it means ruining the economic prospects of underdeveloped countries and accelarting the deindustrialization of the United States.

Those are my thoughts on it these days, recognizing that I was duped by smoke and mirrors masquerading as science, and that I am just as dupable now.

Messages In This Thread
Climate Change proponents emails and files hacked - by Helen Reyes - 22-11-2009, 02:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Southcom Plan to Regime Change Venezuela Published by Latin Journalist, Stella Calloni David Guyatt 0 7,579 18-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  BELGACOM hacked by GCHQ Carsten Wiethoff 6 6,265 13-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  DHS Emails Reveal U.S. May Have Terrorist “Hands Off” List Magda Hassan 6 5,340 30-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Hacked Email from U.S. Army Attache in Ukraine - on the US need for false flags Paul Rigby 1 2,648 13-03-2014, 10:22 AM
  Wikileaks publishes Stratfor Global Intelligence files. Magda Hassan 26 13,314 16-11-2013, 09:45 AM
  Op Israel ~ Mossad Hacked Anonymous leaks names, addresses of 35,000 Israeli officials Magda Hassan 2 6,264 24-03-2013, 09:51 PM
  Britam defence hacked Magda Hassan 2 6,245 26-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  WikiLeaks cables: MI5 offered files on Finucane killing to inquiry Magda Hassan 6 4,769 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Greek PM web site hacked Magda Hassan 0 2,614 25-07-2012, 12:35 AM
  Whistleblowing Website Cryptome Hacked. Magda Hassan 0 2,492 14-02-2012, 01:51 AM