Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Tobacco's Conspiracy To Hide Health Risks & Deceive, They Knew & Documents Show They Knew - Here
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Your new here and have zero [it would seem] idea of my ideology. I'm a rebel and was in Grad School too. But I know that the Tobacco Industry, the USG regulators, the NIH and many others knew the dangers of tobacco for over a century and hid it...and you seem to still want to hide it. I was rewarded for nothing in my studies except whatever competance I had as a student; and had no research grants from anyone, nor with any agenda but truthful science and public health at Yale and UCLA. You're coming here with a huge chip on your shoulder and not making any friends....but it seems not to be your intention. By the way, why are you so upset about all this?....what's your motive [pure truth?] or is someone rewarding or paying you? Belong to a PR firm? Have any connections to the tobacco industry?...or just a big smoker who doesn't like it controlled? Have you looked at the full documents summarized in the first post of this thread? If so, then you have little respect for peer reviewed science. Let me guess you don't believe in human induced climate change and most assassinations were done by lone nuts; the government and large corporations know what is best for us and always look out for our interests...if we'd only stay out of they way and do as they say...all will be just fine.....am I close?joystick [The name is Peter, not 'Dude'...a crude Americanism - while anger has its place at times, you're certainly are coming here with a truckload and dumping it on anyone in sight]...but it is your right and perogative. However, to me this is like going over the driver didn't shoot JFK all over again. The issue of tobacco and cancer [and a HOST of other diseases] is extablished fact....not IMO open to question....unless someone has an agenda to do so. [Doubt for doubt sake and the benefit of the Corporations who profit by death, lies and destruction of our health and the health of the planet. Gonna support GM crops and Montsanto next?....maybe this isn't your forum of 'closest fit'.

As for the claim that "the Tobacco Industry, the USG regulators, the NIH and many others knew the dangers of tobacco for over a century and hid it," upon what science was that based, or do you consider science unnecessary? The NIH didn't even exist as such until it was built up by the Lasker Lobby after World War II, simultaneously with its abuse for the persecution of tobacco. Perhaps this is what you consider science: In 1851, in the absence of anything resembling a database, Rev. Trask proclaimed, "It is computed that 20,000 persons every year, in America, go to their grave from the use of tobacco." (Temperance. Weekly Eagle, Brattleboro, Vt., Jun. 23, 1851.) "Rev. George Trask asserts that sleeping with a tobacco consumer actually affects the health of a person who does not use the article. The Boston Medical and Surgical Journal so far endorses his opinion as the say, 'This had not before occurred to us, but on examination of the facts [sic], there appears some reason in the statement." (Kenosha Telegraph, Nov. 19, 1852.) And "proving" the correctness of Rev. Trask's religion-based assertions has been the unstated goal of the Harvard School of Public Health, just like "creation science."

http://www.smokershistory.com/theorder.h...orge_Trask

The lead document you cite is merely a mish-mash of PR proposals. Where's the scientific fraud? They didn't even try to expose the anti-smokers' frauds. Where's the "concealment?" These were intended to counter the anti-smokers' lies about the health risks of tobacco, which clearly would have been unnecessary if these had been concealed as you pretend! Evidently you also believe that those whom you accuse have no right to defend themselves.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for you to defend the anti-smokers' flagrant scientific fraud of ignoring more than 50 studies which implicate human papillomaviruses as the cause of over ten times more non-small cell lung cancers than you pretend are caused by secondhand smoke, which their mass media propaganda machine has obediently concealed from the public.

Messages In This Thread
Big Tobacco's Conspiracy To Hide Health Risks & Deceive, They Knew & Documents Show They Knew - Here - by Carol Thompson - 25-12-2010, 07:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Documents Reveal Oil And Tobacco Industries’ Dirty History Of Working Together Drew Phipps 0 7,047 20-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  "Conspiracy Theory" Jan Klimkowski 17 15,123 21-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Health Bosses 'Delay Treatment In The Hope Patients Go Private Or Die' Magda Hassan 0 2,779 30-07-2011, 01:58 AM
  Health Care In the USA......rated best and worst [depending on your $$$$ status alone. Peter Lemkin 0 3,429 20-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage Magda Hassan 1 3,502 21-06-2011, 06:37 AM
  Stanford Historian Robert Proctor vs. Big Tobacco R.J. Reynolds: A Lot on the Line Magda Hassan 3 6,695 24-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Carol Thompson
  Of Corporate Spying, Dirty Tricks & Lies - In This Case US Health Insurance Peter Lemkin 0 3,575 24-11-2010, 09:37 AM
  Nanotech Particles Pose Serious DNA Risks to Humans and the Environment Magda Hassan 0 3,436 27-10-2010, 05:45 AM
  Former Worker's Confession: "I Was Hired to Stand in the Way of Health Care Reform" Magda Hassan 0 3,056 06-11-2009, 10:20 AM
  Scientist Warning of Health Hazards of Monsanto's Herbicide Receives Threats Magda Hassan 5 5,105 07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea