Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shades of Cyril Wechts trumped up charges.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:I was going to write that both Johnny Sutton and Edward De La Garza should both be disbarred. But I decided to do a bit of research first.
I looked up Sutton on the state bar, nothing there of interest.
But on the attorney who apparently never learned the term "conflict of interest" I found something MOST interesting. I will post:

Well.... it apears not to have copied properly. But he has an orange circle next to his name, that means "Not eligible to practice in Texas".
This was the only attorney in the state of Tx with that name...Hmmm...
This could mean anything from suspension for non payment of bar dues, or for unethical behavior, or outright disbarment. Certainly bears more research, but my lunch break is over and I have to get back to my law practice. But will follow up on this.

Dawn
Anyone else with more time can as well, just google TX State Bar and you will see a place on the left where you can just enter the name olf the attorney you are trying to find and you will get all the relevent info. Date licenced, law school, etc.

Home About the State Bar Member Directory

Search Results

You may re-sort your search results by clicking on the column titles. | Return to Search

Results For: First Name: Edward Last Name: De La Garza

Please click on the name to view details for the lawyer
Last Name First\Middle\Maiden Name Organization/Firm City State Phone Number Status
De La Garza Edward (305)
259-8901

Legend Member Status
Lawyer has an email address
Lawyer has a photo
Lawyer has a firm link
Eligible to Practice in Texas
Not Eligible to Practice in Texas
Inactive or MCLE Non-Practicing
Deceased

Return to Search

Well this gets stranger yet. I called the number listed for this attorney and it is not the one in the article, that hehas " never handled a case in court with Johnny Sutton". He told me he retired 15 years ago. And that I "should call Johnny" to see who this other Eddie is....I am afraid if I "called Johnny" I'd be arrested for telephone harrassment or an obscene phone call. Smile
Dawn

Messages In This Thread
Shades of Cyril Wechts trumped up charges. - by Dawn Meredith - 17-11-2008, 08:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prosecutors drop charges in 2001 death of Washington intern Drew Phipps 0 6,440 29-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Saudi prince avoids felony sex assault charges after arrest at Los Angeles mansion Drew Phipps 1 4,766 21-10-2015, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Former IMF chief Strauss-Kahn acquitted of pimping charges in French trial Drew Phipps 0 4,362 12-06-2015, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  al-Libi dies [conveniently] a few days before trial on major terror charges. Peter Lemkin 0 3,365 04-01-2015, 07:09 AM
  Former Guatemalan Dictator Ríos Montt to face genocide charges for 1980s abuses Ed Jewett 20 13,424 24-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Lawyers Guild claims NATO activists "disappeared" without warrant or charges Magda Hassan 4 4,194 21-05-2012, 06:50 PM
  Charges soon over Porton Down tests? Magda Hassan 0 3,144 05-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  No charges for MI5 officer accused over Binyam Mohamed David Guyatt 0 2,299 17-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Financial adviser escapes felony charges for hit-and-run 'because it could jeopardise his job Magda Hassan 4 3,954 08-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Police face no charges over de Menezes David Guyatt 1 4,135 13-02-2009, 08:57 PM