Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picket Nick Clegg in Camden | 23 Nov Kings Place Hall190 York Way, London, United Kingdom, N1 9GU
David Guyatt Wrote:As I think I suggested eleswhere, the LibDems have been used by the far more deceitful and well versed dirty tricks Conservatives to support the Tory agenda.

I doubt they will be electable for another hundred years after this.

Yup.

In terms of the theatre of politics (Punch and Judy meets Spitting Image), most Brits believe that the Tories are the "nasty party". No amount of spin and Dave&SamCam (ordinary bloke with nice wife eating cornflakes with happy family) will counter the sneering visage of Baron Osborne the Shock Therapist.

Meanwhile, most Brits thought that the LibDems were principled and irrelevant. By joining the government, the LibDems have finally become relevant.

And lo and behold, they''re revealed as being as deceitful, two-faced and unprincipled as the usual incumbents.

Moral hypocrisy and blatant lying are not fatal to Tory or New Labour governments. People shrug their shoulders in weary cynicism.

I suspect that the lies and hypocrisy of Clegg and co will be fatal and destroy the LibDem vote.

"I agree with Nick" will become as risible a political chant as "Change you can believe in".
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Picket Nick Clegg in Camden | 23 Nov Kings Place Hall190 York Way, London, United Kingdom, N1 9GU - by Jan Klimkowski - 13-11-2010, 05:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Call for the United States to End Its Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan Magda Hassan 1 3,866 06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith