Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yemen’s Presidential Palace Attacked
I don't know if others here have been following events in Yemen, as I have. There are two contradictory theories at this point:
1] That one of the Tribal leaders who has been fighting Yemeni Army troops in Sanaa was behind this attack.
2] That the President himself was behind the attack, to make it possible for him to rationalize an all out attack on the protesters and the above tribal leader.

The first reports of the President having been killed [then said to be injured], now seem to both be false, as he is said about to make a public statement within the hour. Stay tuned. Along with Bahrain, Syria and Libya, Yemen is on the edge of Civil War....I guess Libya is well over the 'edge'...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yemen's presidential palace was attacked Friday and senior government officials wounded, as fighting in the country's capital continues to intensify.

Mohammed Albasha, the Washington spokesperson for Yemen's embassy, said the extent of the injuries among the parliamentarians are unclear but discounted earlier reports that Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh was fatally wounded in the shelling.

"The presidential palace was attacked earlier today and senior officials were injured, but the president was not killed. That's all we know for now," Albasha said in an interview with the Toronto Star.

A Sanaa television station run by the country's opposition forces had originally reported that Saleh had died in the attack. Local reports state that the country's prime minister and deputy prime minister were among the injured.

Striking the government enclave will likely escalate the fighting which has reportedly already claimed more than 200 in the last two weeks. Flights to Sanaa airport were suspended his week stranding passengers trying to flee the country.

Abdu al-Janadi, Yemen's deputy information minister, told Reuters that Saleh will hold a press conference later Friday.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Yemen’s Presidential Palace Attacked - by Peter Lemkin - 03-06-2011, 02:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worlds cyber super weapon attacked Iran threatens world... Bernice Moore 0 2,189 07-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  US Embassy in Kabul attacked Magda Hassan 0 3,000 13-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  FCC: Presidential emergency alerts to be tested Ed Jewett 2 2,390 20-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Christer Forslund
  Yemen’s Useful Tyranny – The Forgotten History of Britain’s ‘Dirty War’: Part 1 Magda Hassan 0 2,424 31-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan