Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chemical complex had second explosion and radiation measurement is nearly impossible
Ah......it is not clear from that article exactly what happened, but 'depleted' Uranium is a very special substance - with some very strange properties. One of them is that it oxidizes rapidly and with a lot of energy [easily started] when in contact with heat or other metals - forming Uranium oxide powder, which floats in the air, gets into water and spreads. It is, despite the name, radioactive - only less so than 'undepleted' Uranium. Looks as if they have a potentially horrible disaster on hand...... While alpha radiation is a little more difficult to measure than the others, this is a dodge, as modern radiation meters measure accurately all three types. You can't convince me they don't have some...especially if they had radioactives on site.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Chemical complex had second explosion and radiation measurement is nearly impossible - by Peter Lemkin - 23-04-2012, 06:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mystery radiation sweeping across Europe: UN nuclear agency mystified by soaring levels Magda Hassan 0 3,040 19-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Environmental Impact Statement of Huge Security Complex Along US-Canadian Border Ed Jewett 0 3,437 17-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  French nuclear waste plant rocked by explosion Magda Hassan 3 6,169 14-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Chemical mess left at Kennedy Space Center Bernice Moore 0 3,131 01-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Civil Alert Radiation Albert Doyle 2 3,246 15-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle