Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TV Special accomplishes a "Manchurian Candidate"
Here in the UK, there is a well known magician, hypnotist and illusionist called Derren Brown. I believe he's done some work in the States but I'm not sure how well known he is. He has done some really intriguing TV specials, including one where he conditions three people into each committing an armed robbery using a toy gun. Unknown to the subjects, the security guard was fake and the area was under the control of the TV people, including a real police cordon.

Recently, Brown did a TV Special called The Assassin, in which a subject is controlled into shooting a well known UK personality, Stephen Fry. The trigger for the shooting is, intriguingly, a woman in a polka dot dress. The gun was fake, and Fry was in on the stunt, but the subject knew none of this.

You can see the programme here http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derre.../episode-1 (I'm not sure if this link works outside of the UK).

This is interesting in that it appears to prove that a Manchurian Candidate is indeed a realistic thing, and not as outlandish as some would have you believe.

I hope people find this interesting.

thanks

Martin

Messages In This Thread
TV Special accomplishes a "Manchurian Candidate" - by Martin White - 01-11-2012, 06:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project artichoke or cia attempt to create a manchurian candidate Bernice Moore 5 5,694 08-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  RFK's Assassin was a real-life Mancurian Candidate.. Bernice Moore 3 4,054 03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore