Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you accidentally do a Nazi salute?
Malcolm Pryce Wrote:Yeah, I know, that heading will raise some hackles and invite an avalanche of scorn, but I'm struggling to find it in me to join the bandwagon of anti Di Canio hatred here, it seems a bit confected to me. (I mean, where were all these people when di Canio was manager of Swindon?)

If he admitted to being a racist I would have no difficulty disapproving. If he claimed to be a Nazi, or a white supremacist, or a member of the KKK, I would equally have no difficulty. If he advocated beating up immigrants, I would despise him. But has he done any of that? What actually is Fascism? It's such a broad church in terms of definitions that Fascist becomes almost meaningless as a term. If you are nationalistic, authoritarian, right wing, bigoted, and like marching and flags but don't approve of political violence are you are fascist? You are certainly a pillock but are you evil?

I agree that historically people who behave like that have also tended to burn synagogues and start wars, but are those things intrinsic to the definition of Fascism, or are they optional extras like gulags are to communism?

A lot of the passion about this seems to come from those who fought Fascism in the 1940s. Fair enough, but really it seems to me they were fighting the concrete evils of war, invasion, burning villages and medical experiments on children. It strikes me as dishonest and slightly silly to turn a fool like di Canio into a cipher for that.

Sorry if I'm saying the unsayable, I'm not an apologist for Fascism, but the past ten years studying 9/11 Truth has taught me to be a bit wary of the herd.

Just saying.

Hello, Malcolm,

The classic definition of fascism is that of Mussolini's. He called it the "corporate state", the merger of business corporations with the government. The economy remains as capitalism, i.e., private ownership of the means of production, as in the Krupp industries in Nazi Germany, and the use of enslaved labor, with all the excesses of capitalism, many nicely outlined by Magda after your post.

Adele

Messages In This Thread
Can you accidentally do a Nazi salute? - by Adele Edisen - 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM