Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Lauren, I respectfully submit that I think you're on the wrong track. I can not see how this could be played into a strategy of tension or have been of benefit as a planned leak. The government is on the defensive now and sadly, my guess is that Snowden will soon find himself in a Bradley Manning 'moment' and situation.....life imprisonment or death sentence for treason. They might even dispense with a trial and all the nasty things that would drag into the open and just have him killed. He has just checked out of his hotel and 'disappeared' - no one knows if on his own or by opposition 'forces'. I sense him to be what he portrays himself to be....a whistleblower and one deeply in danger of his life and liberty for telling the truth.

Peter, as much as I can be wrong -- I admit, it happened that one time -- this is just one a strategy of tension plays out.

This appealing young man is arranged to be the leaker and play the role of abused leaker against a cold, unfeeling govt who wants to have all power. This role is however not at all popular with the masses. He is screwing things up. He creates the fear that the government will not be able to spy on us thus making us safe from terrorists. The Extreme Left migh make it illegal for the govt to spy on us. The majority in effect embraces the spying fleeing into the arms, yet again, of a fascist government. The few who still care enough are further enraged pushing them closed to more protest actions -- which will be met with more severe actions -- making the terrified majority flee into the loving, caring arms of their fascist state once again.

In the meantime, Congress becomes united on this issue making future attempts to reign in the power of the state as over and done with. If Obama truly is a target in this (possible) charade, and he is brought down, the left is provoked even further to violence. Even the prospect that this is the case makes false flag left wing groups plausible with -- wait for it -- the majority fleeing into the loving, caring arms of their fascist state.

Of course, all of this is absurd since we knew this was all going on years ago and no one would ever have needed a leaker to reveal to us what we already knew.

The POTUS angle has so many possibilities. Even if he is just weakened, he is more vulnerable to being manipulated into doing the bidding of others.

Peter, once again, the guy might well be legit. But take the other side in your mind as a exercise and see what possibilities you come up with.

Edit: One more thing. This whole thing infuriates some factions of the right wing. More tension. Glenn Beck for example has millions who wait on his every word.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

Messages In This Thread
US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance - by Lauren Johnson - 11-06-2013, 06:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumbo : how the CIA blind surveillance cameras Magda Hassan 0 33,964 14-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  HR 658 Authorizes 30.000 surveillance drones over the USA - to be increased! Peter Lemkin 8 17,343 31-01-2017, 02:50 AM
  AP Sues US Gov’t over Fake FBI News Article Booby Trapped with Surveillance Virus Magda Hassan 0 5,771 06-12-2015, 02:39 PM
  Panopticon of global surveillance Magda Hassan 179 71,653 14-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  'Five Eyes' surveillance pact should be published, Strasbourg court told Magda Hassan 1 3,924 09-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Defensive Shift - Turning the Tables on Surveillance Magda Hassan 0 3,551 26-08-2014, 03:14 PM
  Israeli Intelligence Eavesdropped on Kerry’s Phone During Palestine-Israel Peace Talks Magda Hassan 3 5,145 07-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Ministers to pass law tracking mollie phone David Guyatt 0 3,150 07-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Surveillance Capitalism Magda Hassan 0 3,100 05-07-2014, 02:44 AM
  Biggest anti-mass surveillance event in the U.K. Magda Hassan 2 6,033 12-06-2014, 10:05 AM