Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Misunderstandings Related to WTC Collapse Analysis
Lauren Johnson Wrote:
Quote:You keep going on about heating doing it, but don't seem concerned that there is no physical evidence of high steel temperatures. NIST only found three spots out of 236 pieces they got where the temperature of the steel had gotten above 250 degrees C.

How could NIST say, therefore, that fire weakened the steel causing the collapse? Who needs proof when you already know the answer?

I think this is the big gray area about the collapse of those buildings. What was the temperature of the steel? What parts of the steel were at those elevated temperatures? How do we know?

I don't think we know with any certainty or precision much about the steel and elevated temps. There were no transducers measuring the temps... no video cameras recording the locations of the fire... or the amount of fire protection left/removed from the steel.

We don't know for sure.

We do know that steel frames rely on applied fire protection which give its a 2 hr rating to resist typical office fires and failure. All the towers experienced extensive fires, probably fuel assisted, no fire suppression from sprinklers and likely loss of fore protection on the steel.

Even in 7WTC where I believe the initiating failure occurred in the load transfer region...there were reported explosions early in the day. I believe they were electrical equipment caused explosions... and I would suggest that these explosions ALSO dislodged fire proofing from steel and may have started fuel fed and unfought fires. THIS IS SPECULATION. I don't know if there is a way to determine if this actually of occurred. Perhaps this could be modeled. I do not know.

The non CD explanation seems logical to me and matches the observations from the public record... however incomplete that record is. CD is an explanation with NO supporting evidence... which ignores contrary evidence (movements of the buildings prior to release).

Messages In This Thread
Some Misunderstandings Related to WTC Collapse Analysis - by Jeffrey Orling - 30-09-2013, 01:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTC-7 Before Collapse - Video of activities inside and outside Peter Lemkin 0 4,742 04-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  New Detailed Analysis of WTC 7 Controlled Demolition Peter Lemkin 0 5,059 01-12-2015, 04:42 AM
  The case against the NIST WTC 7 collapse initiation analysis Tony Szamboti 4 3,638 04-11-2013, 07:11 AM
  New Analysis Summary Of 9-11-01 Insider Trading [with some very interesting facts, if true]! Peter Lemkin 4 5,086 28-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Some Misunderstandings Related to WTC Collapse Analysis: Redux Lauren Johnson 0 3,584 16-08-2013, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  New Seismic Analysis Further Points to Controlled Demolition.... Peter Lemkin 0 3,533 03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
  911 Meta Analysis Jeffrey Orling 18 9,697 23-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  STill the best and most comprehensive timeline and information source for 911-related events Peter Lemkin 0 2,547 10-08-2012, 08:10 AM
  New theory explains collapse of Twin Towers- Aluminium and water explosions Magda Hassan 7 8,414 27-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Last Post: Jeffrey Orling
  First Wikileaks Cable possibly related to 911, Al Quaeda, etc. Peter Lemkin 0 6,336 26-09-2011, 08:02 PM