Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life Imitates 'Art' or 'Art' Imitates Life?
Magda Hassan Wrote:I never knew any of that. I thought it would have run out of copyright by now as it is over 50 years old. We have a monopoly game at home but we have our own rules. We swap properties all the time and we don't charge each other rent. We just have fun choosing our tokens and zooming around the board collecting $200 when we pass go and collecting $10 for being runner up in a beauty contest. I'd love to see a better game than Monopoly. For most people that is as close as they'll ever get to owning a house or having money in the bank.

My politically awake cousin once gave me, as a birthday present, a game - loosly based on Monopoly - called 'Class Warfare'. I liked the concept, but the game was not much fun to play. The real thing is not much fun to live, either.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Life Imitates 'Art' or 'Art' Imitates Life? - by Peter Lemkin - 29-03-2009, 10:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life expectancy gap 'wider than in Great Depression' Magda Hassan 4 3,703 23-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan