Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal
In one way I can see how some intelligent people could have been taken in by this clever mosaic but in another way, I can't see why no one would take the time to take it apart. In my view, disinformation, no matter how sophisticated, has to be attacked because it leads many people down blind alleys. --Jim DiEugenio 2001

+++++

I sure wish I would have saved Jim DiEugenio’s full review of “Torbitt,” as I have come to really appreciate his reviews over the years. He really does take the time to take important books “apart,” be they good or bad, and in a case like this he is probably the only one with the background and knowledge to do it.

Why no one adequately took “Torbitt” apart is something that bothers me too, but in another way. What I believe we need is for an analysis of the who and the why of this thing. Who really authored it and what was their motive? And I believe the analysis needs to be done in the context of “Tobitt” being an example of the “secret document” genre as described by Lloyd Miller (see earlier post above).

What trail might most probably produce results for the historical detective? One I would recommend looking into is the one that leads to the Betrand Russell minions. I remember being startled the first time I saw JFK researcher Jim Hargrove bringing that connection to the attention of the JFK research community, and that is one reason I would like to see that complete article written by Ralph Schoenman for the Santa Barbara newspaper in 1992. Hargrove pointed out that there were important similarities between “Torbitt” and the work of Russell’s “Who Killed Kennedy?” Committee.

Suspicion also might focus on a man that Vincent Salandria labeled an “agent” at one time, Richard E. Sprague, he of the vast collection of JFK assassination photographic evidence. For example, the placing of the three “tramps” on center stage is probably one of the most provocative leads in “Torbitt”

Jim DiEugenio was undoubtedly correct when he pointed out the significance of “Torbitt’s” appearance in 1970 right after the Jim Garrison case, or at least the Clay Shaw trial phase of it. When looked at in that light I think one will conclude that whoever the authors were, they were very knowledgeable of and most probably involved in the Garrison case itself. If so, what again was the motive? I can come up with none other than disinformation and misdirection - the plan to lead many potential investigators down those tiring trails to those false discoveries.

Ron Williams

Messages In This Thread
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Myra Bronstein - 19-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Myra Bronstein - 19-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Myra Bronstein - 19-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Myra Bronstein - 19-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Myra Bronstein - 20-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Myra Bronstein - 21-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Myra Bronstein - 21-04-2009, 01:42 AM
Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal - by Ron Williams - 06-05-2009, 05:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did anyone ever make a kid's book about the JFK assassination? Carsten Wiethoff 5 3,633 17-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Lee Harvey Oswald's Cold War: why the kennedy assassination should be reinvestigated (vol one) Greg R Parker 4 5,446 18-03-2014, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Greg R Parker
  A Secret Order: Investigating the High Strangeness and Synchronicity in the JFK Assassination Magda Hassan 11 7,972 20-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  Larry Hancock's New Book ''Nexus: The CIA and Political Assassination '' Bernice Moore 2 3,979 09-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Vasilios Vazakas
  New Book on John Kennedy Assassination by Bill O'Reilly Adele Edisen 0 2,788 17-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  640 jfk assassination books... Bernice Moore 2 10,431 11-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago
  michael griffith chapter two in my book COMPELLING EVIDENCE: A NEW LOOK AT THE ASSASSINATION OF PRES Bernice Moore 0 3,305 06-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Dallas artist photographs graves of figures in JFK assassination Bernice Moore 1 3,155 14-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore