Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islamaphobia rears its ugly racist religioust head again.
Let me put the foregoing in context:

Quote:"Moreover, as America becomes an increasingly multi-cultural society, it may find it more difficult to fashion a consensus on foreign policy issues, except in the circumstance of a truly massive and widely perceived direct external threat."

Followed by:

Quote:"Never before has a populist democracy attained international supremacy. But the pursuit of power is not a goal that commands popular passion, except in conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public's sense of domestic well-being. The economic self-denial (that is, defense spending) and the human sacrifice (casualties, even among professional soldiers) required in the effort are uncongenial to democratic instincts. Democracy is inimical to imperial mobilization."

And, of course:

Quote:To put it in a terminology that harkens back to the more brutal age of ancient empires, the three grand imperatives of imperial geostrategy are to prevent collusion and maintain security dependence among the vassals, to keep tributaries pliant and protected, and to keep the barbarians from coming together."

Extracts from Zbigniew Brzezinski's The Grand Strategy.

If we remember that Brzezinski was chosen as an advisor by Obama in hist first presidential campaign, and if we are a little confused between what Obama appears to stand for and what he does, and why the neocons still hold sway in Washington, then my money is on the influence of Brzezinski on Obama's foreign policy.

The foregoing quotes clearly show, in my opinion, that Brzezinski is clearly the grandfather of NPAC's A New American Century. This conclusion also suggests that Obama is a closet neocon.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Islamaphobia rears its ugly racist religioust head again. - by David Guyatt - 18-09-2015, 07:54 AM