Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boiled Cabbage, Farts and Murdoch
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I'm glad I'm out of the country.....for sure dark forces have been at work in the USA on all levels for a long time - and in a coordinated fashion continuously from WWII. It seems we are nearing the end of the last 'act' of the United States of America as a constitutional democracy - even a faux approximation of it. We have long been headed toward and some years back passed into a neo-fascist police state. It was still disguised yo many, if not most, as what it was not - a functioning democratic state with separation of powers, constitutional rights, free press, blah-blah-blah, et al. Now the mask is coming off. This coming election seems to me to be the final act of this play, even if it may be some months or a few years before most are aware the curtain has indeed fallen. I hope to be wrong and Plan B is not going to be the true outcome of this 'election'.......

The old story about Nero playing the fiddle while Rome burned seems apposite here.

I'm just astonished how many people continue to sway to the music remaining unaware of how truly discordant it is.

Hello darkness my old friend
I've come to talk to you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Blindness reigns
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
Boiled Cabbage, Farts and Murdoch - by David Guyatt - 03-11-2016, 08:56 AM