Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twenty-One Thoughts of Psychedelics
An aside. I don't think I've mentioned here before, but Terrence McKenna was a friend - and a person I thought and still think so very highly of words fail me to describe his brilliance and insight into what reality might be. He had no problem, no quibble, no objection to self-discovery, discovery of reality, et al. without the use of hallucinogens - at the same time he was an advocate of the careful use of some of them based on his long study [along with his ethnobotanist brother Dennis] on the ancient through modern traditions of shaman of the rain forests who had long used natural hallucinogens from plants in their mystical ceremonies of discovery and revelation. Terrence and I had conversations on things like the JFK assassination, covert operations, false-flag operations, the secret state, etc. et al. He very much felt that learning about that was a part of discovery of the reality we find ourselves in - as well as perhaps more philosophical and cosmic issues of 'what is reality', 'what is the nature of the existence and the universe'....etc. I have taken magic mushrooms and some other things related. I happen to like them and find them an aide. Anyone who can get to the same place without them or who feels they are an artificial crutch - fine. No problem, but I also find no problem with their use if used properly. Sadly, Terrence has died. His brother is still working in the field of ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology. A very interesting book on their lives and [to me] a great read is the book The Brotherhood Of the Screaming Abyss - by Dennis McKenna. Each have their own paths to ....(what shall we call it...enlightenment, awareness, self-awareness, cutting the umbilical cord with the norms and dictate of society...and such).... and all roads honestly pursued I believe lead in similar paths. Aldous Huxley chose both, and even chose to spend his final hours on earth, when dying, on hallucinogens. I have thought of that for myself - as tripping is the time I don't fear death and understand it in ways not available to me normally - as well as feel closer to a complete understanding of 'what is the nature of reality'. Each to his own on this matter. One can be sure that those from the 'Borg/Deep State/Etc.' don't take natural hallucinogens or if they do they'd certainly have a very bad trip....nor do they pursue any other true non-drug method of self-awareness/enlightenment - or they'd not act as they do and do the horrible things they do.......

....perhaps I'll start a thread on Terrence and some of his incredible word-weaving and thoughts.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Twenty-One Thoughts of Psychedelics - by Peter Lemkin - 09-09-2018, 06:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any thoughts on the Pale Green Horse? Jack White 2 4,483 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Drago