Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second and Third Accusers against Kavanaugh come forward!
While poles can be deceptive - and I don't know the details of who ran this poll or how it was run....it was very depressing news to me. It showed that only 46% of white women in the USA believed or thought Dr. Ford was telling the truth; and only 36% of white men felt she was telling the truth. Minority men and women overwhelmingly felt she was telling the truth..... I think this says more about 'entitlement' than sexism - and a lack of compassion of those entitled even when the compassion is to be shown to one of their fellow entitletees - baked into the ethos/mythos is still the old rules of patriarchy, privilege and power - even those without privilege and power seem to tacitly accept. Very sad if that is a true reflection of the national mood at this point. I was born in the USA and as a child felt privileged to have been. Now, I live outside the country and feel estranged from the country of my birth...more so with every passing day. Despite that, I care for my country and fight to make things right there. While I sense concern over the trend of many things, I don't see what should be outrage and alarm - a sense of immediate danger and emergency. Kavanaugh is but one of literally thousands of those things that make up the immediate danger and emergency that must be dealt with or the USA will not survive. Those who think this is just a 'passing phase' have failed to learn the lessons of history and are about to repeat them.....
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Second and Third Accusers against Kavanaugh come forward! - by Peter Lemkin - 03-10-2018, 06:09 PM