Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The World's Most Important Political Prisoner
Carsten Wiethoff Wrote:Very good. one or two more things, quickly.
This may seem to the listeners and to you, Tom Scully, like verbal Jiu-Jitsu. Someting like the google terms of services. I refrain from quoting them here, and since they often change retroactively, it would also be of no use.
And I openly admit that I am very often frustrated from conversations, even with my best friends, because words are used that have no clearly defined meaning or bullying tactics are applied or blatant propaganda is sold as an honest opinion,or statement of fact. No medium, not even the alternatives, are free from that. Even good people, which are in the majority everywhere, even in media and government, sometimes use these unfair practices.
Definitely some of the worst words, that serious speakers should only use as bad examples, are "conspiracy theorist", "counterfactual", "conspiracy", "conspiracy theory", "extreme left", "extreme right", "Nazi", "Antisemite", "radical" in the political sense and a couple hundreds more. These words are used in all or nearly all contemporary media, but I dare anyone, to bring up a sensible and agreeable definition for them. Instead they are all used as weapons. By good and bad people alike. Without even recognizing it.
Tom Scully, good man, would you agree to that state of affairs, or do you have a different world view?

I agree, especially the misuse of "Antisemite" to immunize from legitimnate criticism, the government of Israel, Israeli politicians, and the oligarchs of all countries who provide financial support to those entities. I have read reporting claiming fewer than fifty families own half the assets
owned by all residents of Israel.

Conspiracy, by itself, is the label assigned to an actual criminal charge.

Carsten Wiethoff Wrote:Hey, Tom, I may have an IQ of about 130, but I am no longer the fastest. I also work normally, when I am not sick, fulltime in an extremely demanding Software Project involving Airplanes, Robots, Realtime Software, EtherCAT busses and a million more things. I am interested in learning who actually killed John F. Kennedy, but for a long time I know that Lee Harvey Oswald did not fire a shot that day.
To parse a footnote like yours:
Quote:Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.

would under good conditions take me 2-3 days, I mean to fully grasp, who all the people mentioned there are, even if I may have heard half of the names before.
How long, Tom, do you think, the average reader needs to parse that footnote. Does the average reader exist at all? I mean, does anybody even read the footnotes?

Trying to be helpful
Carsten

Late addition: I may have misquoted your footnote. It does not have anything to do with John F. Kennedy. Sorry!

The footnote is actually a critique of "the community". "The community" of primarily non-lone-nutter JFK Assassination related topics book authors who scratch each others' backs instead of challenging the accuracy of the details published by their counter-parts. Truth seems subordinate to other, perhaps more loftier goals?

Motive, means, and opportunity....

Quote:https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/...958771.php
ON ECONOMICS: -- How Kennedy Assassination Affected Some Stock Prices

JONATHAN MARSHALL
Published 4:00 am PST, Monday, November 18, 1996

One of the first questions any murder investigator asks is cui bono -- who benefits.In the case of the John F. Kennedy assassination, whose 33rd anniversary falls on Friday, new answers have come from a recent economic study called "Friends in High Places: The Wealth Effects of JFK's Assassination on the Assets of LBJ's Supporters."
The study, by Claremont-McKenna College economist William Brown Jr., was published this year in Public Choice, a leading social science journal.
Brown measured the impact of Kennedy's death on stock prices of major firms connected to Vice President Lyndon Johnson. His goal was to gauge the power of special interests -- in this case, those in Johnson's orbit -- to influence national policy for their own gain.....

Brown the economist (and no relation to Brown and Root) found that between November 22, 1963, the day of the assassination, and November 26, the first day the stock market reopened, the value of the 63 Johnson-related firms jumped 0.85 percent more than the rest of the market.
Firms connected with Brown and Root did even better, increasing in value an average of 1.64 percent.
Aerospace firms saw their value rise three-quarters of a percent more than the market right after the assassination.
And no wonder: Business Week, in its last pre-assassination issue, reported that "a major cut in defense spending is in the works." Johnson, more hawkish than Kennedy, eventually reversed that cut with a major escalation of the Vietnam War.

Of all defense firms, perhaps none had a greater stake in the sudden transfer of power from Kennedy to Johnson than General Dynamics, whose main aircraft plant was located in Fort Worth, Texas.

Its stock climbed from $23.75 on November 22 to $25.13 on November 26, and by February 1964 was up over $30, a jump of around 30 percent in three months.
Shortly before the assassination, General Dynamics was the subject of a major influence peddling investigation by the Senate Government Operations Committee.....
....On November 22, in a separate inquiry into government corruption, another Senate committee heard testimony about an alleged $100,000 cash payoff to Vice President Johnson in connection with the TFX contract. That investigation also went nowhere after the assassination, notes Peter Dale Scott, a professor emeritus at the University of California at Berkeley, in his 1993 book "Deep Politics and the Death of JFK."Only fringe conspiracy theorists would conclude from these facts that General Dynamics, Brown and Root or the "military-industrial complex" more generally, had Kennedy killed. They may have preferred Lyndon Johnson, but there's no evidence they wanted Kennedy dead.
But the facts speak tellingly about how accidents of history can affect great fortunes.
A postscript for assassination buffs: No individual stood to lose more from the TFX scandal than Chicago investor Henry Crown, who owned 20 percent of General Dynamics. His personal attorney, Albert Jenner, became a senior staff attorney on the Warren Commission, in charge of investigating the possibility of a conspiracy.
In later years, Jenner also represented Chicago labor racketeer Allen Dorfman. Dorfman's stepfather Paul, a leading figure in the Chicago mob, ran the Waste Handlers Union in Chicago in 1939 with Jack Ruby, Lee Harvey Oswald's future killer.....
Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.

Messages In This Thread
The World's Most Important Political Prisoner - by Tom Scully - 17-09-2019, 08:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wikimedia Scores ‘Important Victory’ in Fight Against NSA Surveillance Peter Lemkin 0 9,713 24-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Political Prisoner Leonard Peltier is Up for Parole This Month. Please support his release. Magda Hassan 31 42,523 19-01-2017, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The Corporate Plot to Control the World by Suing Governments David Guyatt 0 2,800 05-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  New Film Vindicates Political Prisoner Abu-Jamal Peter Lemkin 0 3,411 15-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin