Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imagination ---- The Religion With No Name
I so agree David! I have seen some of my friends and some of theirs using the instant grafication route to enlightenment. I don't really understand their hurry and lack of preparation since, for me at least, there is a far better and reliable route to that and one that actually takes you there unlike the quick fast track ones which can and often do take strage routes and don't always deliver to the right destination. I just put it down to lazy western instant gratification consumerist mentality.

David Guyatt Wrote:The below is, imo, an outstanding and imortant article full of critical observations.

As the author says, psychedelics - meaning psychoactive substances like Shrooms, Ayahuasca, DMT etc., are the fast route to experiencing the inner world of reality.

However, a surer method (that if used under with consideration and attention - and preferably under guidance where possible) is the cultivation of the vehicle of imagination, which is the Saturn V thuster of thrusters.

Yes, it takes longer. Quite a bit, in fact. But once gained it is not lost (much like cycling) and is thereafter repeatable. Significantly it is not subject to so called "bad trips".

Besides this, "journeying in the spirit vision", as this used to be called at the turn of the last century, is always under conscious control and if one experiences something one is not familiar with (well, nothing there is familiar - and yet all of it is - hello paradox) or happy with, one will have a means to consciously exit and close the experience down without causing problems, as being shocked out of that state of mind can have bad side effects.

For me personally, that element of conscious control is the significant benefit of taking the slow road rather than the fast road; the results are safe and equally spectacular.

Wow what an image!
David Guyatt Wrote:[FONT=&amp]
[Image: murareskub1-5.jpg]
"Oversoul" (1997) by visionary artist, Alex Grey

[/FONT]
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Imagination ---- The Religion With No Name - by Magda Hassan - 09-10-2019, 03:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Active Imagination as a meditational technique David Guyatt 0 3,988 06-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt