Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German FOIA law
Carsten Wiethoff Wrote:Germany has a FOIA law (Informationsfreiheitsgesetz).
Did you know that?
I did not. I am living in Germany for all my life. Maybe I am underinformed.

The CDU/CSU opposed it and tried to kill it ever since. Maybe something to consider in the upcoming elections. But there are no parties anyway worth voting for, don't you think?
But wait, there is http://www.pp-international.net/.
Check it out.
:bandit:

As I've been working on a book on the some secret aspects of the end of WW2 and the occupation afterwards, I wonder if those documents are included - any idea how far back this act claims to provide documents for? - although many are Allied Occupation documents and captured Nazi documents, granted [some not yet returned to Germany - some have been]. It does appear to me that certain matters have been 'sanitized' on both sides - all sides. FOIA used to work (poorly) in the USA - then under Bush it almost stopped working. I've not heard if it has changed under Obama.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
German FOIA law - by Carsten Wiethoff - 20-08-2009, 12:23 PM
German FOIA law - by Magda Hassan - 20-08-2009, 01:06 PM
German FOIA law - by Peter Lemkin - 20-08-2009, 02:29 PM
German FOIA law - by Peter Presland - 20-08-2009, 02:45 PM
German FOIA law - by Jan Klimkowski - 20-08-2009, 07:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting Meta-Archive of FOIA releases related to the National Security State Peter Lemkin 2 34,442 07-11-2016, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Has anyone had the experience of doing a FOIA request of their FBI file? Kara Dellacioppa 4 10,454 05-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  ACLU FOIA 2004 proceeds/links: torture Ed Jewett 0 3,202 31-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett