Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Iraq Inquiry - Chilcott's Circus Clowns Come to Town
I like Chilcot. He has a nice weak chin and an affable, political manner (imo!). He's wonderful and I want to have his babies. If I do (have his babies - which I can't of course) one will very, very good and the other one will be very, very bad.

because Chilcot wants to be good, but is bad. Or perhaps he is bad but, deep down, wants to be good.

The contrast and flaw in his character is why he was chosen, methinks and is reflected in the two Fleet Street rags-cum-comics that represent polar opposites in their opinions and readership.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/dec/15...eo-cut-off

Quote:Chilcot censors Iraq inquiry's live broadcast
Sir Jeremy Greenstock's evidence on political mistakes after invasion is interrupted

Tuesday 15 December 2009 17.13 GMT

Sir John Chilcot, chairman of the Iraq inquiry, cut the live video of today's hearings, raising fears that he is suppressing evidence on grounds of embarrassment rather that any damage to national security.

"I interrupted the broadcast because of a mention of sensitive information," he said after hearing evidence from Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Britain's UN ambassador before the invasion and special envoy in Baghdad afterwards.

snip....

Then we have the spooks favourite comic, the Daily Bellylaugh

Quote:Iraq inquiry is being ‘gagged’ after secret documents withheld
Crucial evidence about the reasons Britain went to war against Saddam Hussein is being kept secret it has emerged – leading to accusations that the Iraq inquiry has been “gagged”.

By Rosa Prince, Political Correspondent
Published: 6:00AM GMT 28 Jan 2010

In an apparent breach of the Inquiry terms, Sir John Chilcot, head of the probe, expressed his “frustration” that he was unable to refer to key documents while questioning Lord Goldsmith, the former Attorney General, about why he gave the “green light” for war.
Lord Goldsmith also said that he was unhappy at being denied the opportunity to discuss documents including a letter from Jack Straw, then-former foreign secretary, about United Nations negotiations.

Yes folks, roll up to the Big Top, crane your necks and go "Aah" to the dizzying antics of the High Wire artists, and clap your belly and laugh out loud to the antics of the painted faced clowns.

The Circus is in town and it's role is to awe and amuse you.

But beware of the inactive hand of the resident Magician. As he pulls pound coin out of your ear with one hand he is stealing your critical mind with the other....
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
The Iraq Inquiry - Chilcott's Circus Clowns Come to Town - by David Guyatt - 28-01-2010, 12:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Devastating" dossier on abuse, torture and murder by UK forces in Iraq David Guyatt 2 3,798 12-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  ‘Iraq war unlawful’: all 27 UK Foreign Affairs lawyers, 2003. ‘Official report delayed again’ Magda Hassan 2 3,502 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin