Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Iraq Inquiry - Chilcott's Circus Clowns Come to Town
Hi Magda, yes, I agree and I am aware that there is a very respectable school of thought in psychiatry that believes the sociopathic personality is disproportionately represented in politics because they are such accomplished liars. (Or at least, that’s the theory - personally I thought the lies were pretty transparent.) All the same I was still shocked to see John...er...sorry Lord Prescott seemingly so oblivious to the gravity of the subject; he may not have been the brightest firework in the box, and was always a bit of a buffoon, but he did always strike me as slightly more human-shaped than people like Blair and Straw. This was the most shocking aspect of the whole sordid enterprise for me, the ease and glib facility with which people - both in Parliament and cheerleading in the press - were able to put another nation to the sword without any great qualms about the innocent blood spilled. Even as I write this I hear Prescott on the radio ludicrously claiming that Tony Blair personally agonised over every single death. What preposterous and delusional nonsense! I don’t think he agonised over a single death. The terrible truth is, most people were content to allow our military to slaughter people abroad so long as they didn’t have to see it, or be affected by it in any meaningful way apart from the odd traffic jam at Wootton Bassett. Sorry to bang on.

Messages In This Thread
The Iraq Inquiry - Chilcott's Circus Clowns Come to Town - by Malcolm Pryce - 31-07-2010, 07:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Devastating" dossier on abuse, torture and murder by UK forces in Iraq David Guyatt 2 3,798 12-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  ‘Iraq war unlawful’: all 27 UK Foreign Affairs lawyers, 2003. ‘Official report delayed again’ Magda Hassan 2 3,502 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin