Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evo Morales Speaks For the Indiginous Life On Planet Gaia
David Guyatt Wrote:Ruben, forgive me but I am always very cautious when the words "Spanish" and "Catholic Church" are used in the same sentence. I immediately begin to think of a certain priest named Escriva.

Are you familiar with him?

I know who he was. That doesen't means that catholic church have done evrythin wrong.

Many good and great people have worked for the catholic church (artists, scientists and specially, missioners who give their lives to deffend indigenous people). If you like movies, then I recommend you "The Mission". You can multiply that for hundred places.

Actually, in Bolivia exists a place called "Chiquitos", where the colonnial catholic priests tryed to create a "Civitas Dei", a city of God, a place without evil. They leaved awesome churchs and the "Chiquitanos", the indigenous people, still remember them whit great love.

Is the only place in Bolivia and maybe in the world (a live culture) where you can hear old european music still in latin language in the churchs, singed by a chorus of indigenous people who doesen't want to lose that link.

There is a large festival once at year (celebrated togheter with the orchid festival), where singers and orchestras of all over the world (europe, USA, latin america) come to sing that kind of music together with the indigenous, amazed to see a live indigenous culture who still sustain that kind of music and tradition, by their own means and iniciative. Beautiful and amazing.

You should come and see it for yourself, someday. Is one of the events that worth to see in my country.

Messages In This Thread
Evo Morales Speaks For the Indiginous Life On Planet Gaia - by Ruben Mundaca - 15-03-2010, 08:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bye Bye Gaia...... Peter Lemkin 0 5,134 13-02-2019, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Geo-engineering: The Planet's Hail Mary Lauren Johnson 0 6,712 04-12-2015, 03:38 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Real Life Avatar Albert Doyle 2 5,881 14-12-2014, 08:13 AM
  Cry My Beloved Planet - Report States 52% of ALL Species Now Gone! Peter Lemkin 0 4,473 09-10-2014, 05:55 AM
  Life will perish as the environment perishes Adele Edisen 0 3,757 27-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  WAR - The most destructive, concentrated, and overlooked ENVIRONMENTAL threat to the Planet Peter Lemkin 1 2,979 31-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Scientists Create First Synthetic Life Form! Peter Lemkin 10 9,480 21-05-2010, 09:00 PM