Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal strikes again...
A couple of years ago, I was directing an interview in the loose gravel-covered inner courtyard of Buckingham Palace, the square just behind the front wing, famous and familiar to all.

My camera crew and I were set up in a corner of the square, filming the interviewer and interviewee, with the full permisssion and knowledge of the Royal press machine.

Suddenly, there was a kerfuffle of besuited security types behind us, the front gates opened, and a car sped into the inner courtyard. It slowed to get through the entrance, then - as if the driver had seen us - made a beeline towards my camera crew and I. At the last moment, the driver executed a sharp turn away, spraying gravel over us all.

The car then sauntered over to the other side of the square, and parked up. After a moment, Prince Andrew got out, cast a momentary and disdainful glance our way, and disappeared through a door into Buckingham Palace.

Typically classy behaviour from the "war hero" son of Phil the Greek.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Messages In This Thread
Royal strikes again... - by David Guyatt - 12-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Royal strikes again... - by Jan Klimkowski - 12-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Royal strikes again... - by David Guyatt - 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Royal strikes again... - by Jan Klimkowski - 12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Royal strikes again... - by Peter Lemkin - 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Nasty Party Strikes Again David Guyatt 0 2,981 23-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  McDonald's strikes first blow in New Cold War! Peter Lemkin 0 2,593 07-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin