Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CSETI Expedition Yields First Ever Photograph of an Extraterrestrial
Many thanks for the "Contact Protocols" Ed, I'm very grateful. When I posed this question, and based on the sort of description provided in the earlier part of this thread, I pre-supposed that there were some form of meditational technique involved in the process. And, indeed, this supposition proved correct:

Quote:3. Thought - We employ a CSETI technique called Coherent Thought Sequencing. After reaching a state of unbounded consciousness and expanded awareness through any type of meditative technique, silence, or prayer, the team goes through a guided experience where each member sequentially sends his/her awareness out into the cosmos as a beacon which other intelligent living beings might recognize. We then guide any
biological lifeforms and their craft through the cosmos, into the solar system, to Earth, and directly to where the team is located in the field. (These techniques are explained and taught in the Working Group Training Kit.)

"... unbounded consciousness and expanded awareness from any type of meditative experience..."

I am very, very cautious of this description. "Unbounded consciousness" and "expanded awareness" are so different in concept that they should not appear in the same para. Expanded consciousness, I don't doubt, can be achieved with a bit of meditative experience. In the same way that car mechanics can be learned, a bit, from a book.

Unbounded consciousness, on the other hand, is nothing less than the Holy Grail.

Based on this I would assess the results claimed by Greer's people to be highly unreliable. In fact, speaking personally, I wouldn't credit it with any more potency that indulging in active fantasies after a glass or two of wine.

Earlier in this thread I pasted in a para about the bee and beehive that outline the occult technique of "creative imagination and desire". Unless one has been taught these and associated techniques, and spent a very long time developing and honing them (years not weeks or months) then the results are likely to be nothing more or less than random chance - and certainly could not be trusted, per se, to be valid.

Being in a critical frame of mind, I also wanted to add a few caveats to what I said earlier about Farrell's interview. I do not, for one second, accept the validity of Farrell's (in my mind credulous) argument that technology spun off the Bell has resulted in man landing on the Moon - or worse still, that Nazi man has now colonized other planets (the Hoagland story) using money derived from successive covert financial devices including the recent banking crisis.

In my view the Moon landing was a cold war PR exercise and little more than that. Farrell's argument that the LEM taking off from the Moon demonstrated to him that an unknown propulsion system was used ignores so much other evidence that the Apollo missions were faked up. What he believes was the curious lift off of the LEM could, I suspect be better and more rationally explained by a small lifting crane situated on a lofty gantry located in a dark movie studio.

Having said that I think the research he has done on the Bell is powerful.

I suppose this illustrates the danger we all face of propagating a favoured theory into the realms of the wholly unlikely. I suspect I am also guilty of this, too, at times.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
CSETI Expedition Yields First Ever Photograph of an Extraterrestrial - by David Guyatt - 23-02-2010, 02:48 PM