Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress
David Guyatt Wrote:[quote=Paul Rigby][quote=Susan Grant]http://www.blacklistednews.com/news-7797-0-15-15--.html

But I do see a problem occurring after a period of years. Human nature being what it is, individuals will pool their votes together and vote en bloc, as this will have a higher reward ratio than as an individual. And a few grand barterings later, the realization will dawn that there is no need to hawk their votes at all, just simply elect themselves. And they will have a ready-made, fully-functioning money-making (hyphen) machine er, political party, ready to clean up in a big way by milking big mummy's big purse.

And then Tony Blair will come back and lead them.

And that would be too much and I'd have to kill myself.

And then kill you for suggesting the idea in the first place.

Is there such a thing as killing a Toffee? Toffee-cide perhaps? You see? It really wouldn't do at all. That would leave your team with only one other supporter.

And that would bring into material creation for the first time the well known Zen koan.... the sound of one supporter clapping....

[Image: www.MessenTools.com-emoticones-soccer-futbol-090.gif]

Any connection between Everton Football Club and satire is, er, entirely out of order. However richly merited. And I'll have you know that at least one of my daughters has shown signs of precisely the kind of mental impairment that has made her father's football-watching career so richly unfulfilled. Except, of course, for three years in the mid-1980s, and a very glorious night in Rotterdam in May 1985. But enough of mediocrity; and the incident with the Moluccan pimp.

Back to the topic at hand: Bungs for All!

Now there's a slogan that could unite a nation, and enliven an election or two.

What I have in mind is a Reggie Perrin-style Grot campaign, based upon maximum honesty - Vote for me, I'm a venal fool! - and minimum ethics. You pay, we legislate. In other words, the real world, but with a serious, reforming purpose.

Messages In This Thread
corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - by Paul Rigby - 16-03-2010, 11:06 PM
corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - by Mark Stapleton - 17-03-2010, 02:00 AM
corporate entity becomes 'candidate' kicks off bid for Congress - by Mark Stapleton - 17-03-2010, 02:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Corporate control over politics in pictures! Magda Hassan 2 4,155 30-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Looks like the Republicans have taken contol of Congress, and also legalized marijuana in DC Drew Phipps 16 8,056 07-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Martin White
  Open Letter to Congress; Regarding Blackmail from the Executive Branch from Roseanne Barr Magda Hassan 1 3,909 17-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  The Origin and Evolution of Corporate Personhood Adele Edisen 2 3,334 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Vodafone flash mob in London confronting corporate criminals and educating the public. Magda Hassan 7 5,266 28-06-2012, 04:17 AM
  Nicholas Sarkozy, the American Candidate? Adele Edisen 0 2,498 23-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Who Runs the World ? – Network Analysis Reveals ‘Super Entity’ of Global Corporate Control Magda Hassan 0 3,106 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
  Keith Olbermann WAKE UP! AMERICA IS COLLAPSING!!! SUPER CONGRESS = DICTATORSHIP Magda Hassan 0 3,156 04-08-2011, 09:31 AM
  Congress paying for protection as 2012 campaign heats up.. Bernice Moore 0 2,268 16-05-2011, 03:46 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  GM Crops Pimped By USG - Wikileaks Docs Reveal. USG not Political, but Corporate Pimp, IMO! Peter Lemkin 1 3,336 04-01-2011, 02:47 PM