Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster
Good Question you ask...and the only people who would know {BP} ain't talkin'!They've been showing us photos of the least of all the leak plumes, while certainly knowing about all the others. The pipe from the bottom of the Gulf [where the water meets the mud] was 21" around and 20" interior diameter and about a mile long. It crumpled to the sea floor when the rig collapsed. I can't answer your question - only can make guesses. Perhaps they had more than one well hole [with the technology now available one can drill at angles and even sideways once in the rock or sediment]. Perhaps what we have seen is a mile long, 20" pipe emptying itself and what it used to connect to is going like a geyser somewhere a few miles away. There are other possibilities of the falling rig punching a new hole if the oil reservoir is not deep below the surface. We don't know. BP knows - but is keeping its mouth shut and the info 'proprietary'. So, we have seen how a [in BP's words] 60-70% chance of success came to zero [I'd given it 5% or less - but that was before I know of the second source - or third and fourth]. I'm sure they'll kick-around placing a bomb [even an atomic one] near the well-head. You ain't seen nothin' yet....it is going to get a whole lot worse....as things always do in a corporatocracy.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 27-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 28-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Peter Lemkin - 30-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM