Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster
Ed Jewett Wrote:I understand what you are saying, Peter. (The Derrick Jensen themes are still valid....) But of course the sense of an inter-related string of business and economy built around the oil industry is also valid; there are many on he Gulf Coast clambering for more drilling, and there was a court ruling on it today giving a green light (or overturning) Obama's temporary ban... What the issue is from my POV is that the nation has failed to address peak oil along with the corporate electioneering and person-hood issues and the larger issues of fascist Wall Street/Chamber of Commerce influence on national policy. We still endorse companies eating mountains for clean coal, so seas, fish, cultures and beaches are not going to stop them from satisfying their voracious appetite. Now, too, we have to have that lithium in Afghanistan.

I don't argue with what you are saying, I object to the cooptation of our language by the corporations/elites/PR folks turning words and concepts for living organisms and their interaction into boardroom terms; which, sadly, the MSM and the 'average Joe and Jane' swallow without blinking. An ecosystem of businesses is an oxymoronic term that demeans the word, the concept behind the word and philosophy that all life is important - not just those at the power peak of humankind - something lost on most of the society [and in my opinion, exactly the kind of hubris and shortsightedness, unnaturalness that which will kill human society and take along much of the other species, fairly soon!] Confusedhot:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 25-05-2010, 06:34 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 27-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Mark Stapleton - 28-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Myra Bronstein - 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Louisiana deep oil drilling disaster - by Peter Lemkin - 23-06-2010, 05:07 AM