Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Institute of Management
Thanks for the stuff on Peter Watkins Jan.

I confess I was only vaguely aware of the guy and the controversy over 'The War Game".

Anyway I've just spent over an hour on his website and all I can say is 'WOW'.

It's people and initiatives like that, that give me some hope that the morass of conformist, war-mongering, environment-destroying, big-brother-fearing, passively-consuming, stupidity that we in the West are sinking ever deeper into - and dragging the rest of the world with us - may somehow be reversed.

Then I wake up and realise just what an overwhelmingly forlorn hope that really is.

I am personally finding it more and more difficult to stir myself to work towards such a reversal - a nobel exercise in futility is how it increasingly appears to me. The trajectory of the developing Orwellian nightmare is fixed and it just gets worse and worse. As Peter Watkins points out so lucidly on that site, it is actually built into the very structure that almost ALL productions with any prospect of a mass audience must conform - and content becomes almost incidental when form is so rigidly dictated.

Inspiring and depressing in equal measure.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
European Institute of Management - by Peter Presland - 22-06-2010, 11:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trade Union Committee for European and Transatlantic Understanding Magda Hassan 0 3,212 10-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Ayn Rand Institute (ARI) A Corporate Coup D’Etat on Campus Magda Hassan 0 3,835 04-03-2012, 07:51 AM
  Canada: Mass Graves Discovered at Closed Mohawk Institute Residential School Ed Jewett 0 3,865 12-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  European Open Source Software Workgroup is Microsoft and software patent front Magda Hassan 0 3,423 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
  The Aspen Institute: Oil Funded Envronmentalism Nathaniel Heidenheimer 2 4,555 27-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Information about Tavistock Institute and... 0 614 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: