Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device
Gary Severson Wrote:Well Greg it seems since you constantly deny MMGW it follows you don't think it matters that we use cars unwisely in terms of too much fuel use. You assume the rest of the world wants our idiotic consumer way of life. Consumption used to be disease now it is a virtue. I know many native Africans here in Mn. that can't stand the lifestyle we have created in terms of diminishing the value of family because of our mobility & everything it that goes with it.
Have you heard of "the development of underdevelopment"? If not, it is the Western strategy of preventing 3rd world resources from remaining in the hands of the people that live where the resources are. Instead they are extracted by foreigners,us, to be used to create our high standard of living. When the natives finally get too uppity after nationalizing their OWN resources we just invade and re-privatize their economies as in Iraq, Afghanistan etc. So much for our desire to help them modernize unless on our terms. Maybe if we hadn't stolen the 3rd world's resources in the 1st place we wouldn't now be looking at the mad dash for them to catch up when it is too late environmentally speaking.

Can you say straw man? I knew you could. It is interesting to note how you put words in my mouth and dictate to me about my own beliefs! Amazing. Gary, you have misrepresented my position again. I hope you are enjoying "knocking down" arguments that I haven't advanced; arguments that you have fabricated and then assigned to me only to easily defeat them. It is much more difficult for you to defeat my actual argument than it is for you to defeat your own invention.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)

Messages In This Thread
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 03-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 02-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 03-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 03-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 03-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 05-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 06-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 08-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 08-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 08-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 08-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 19-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 19-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 21-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Greg Burnham - 27-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 28-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 29-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 30-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Population Growth "Alarmism" as a Deep Political Control Device - by Mark Stapleton - 01-09-2011, 07:02 PM