Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'. Again.
CNN: "Widely Distributed Death Photo of Osama Bin Laden is Fake"
3rd May 2011

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05...ake.photo/

(CNN) A graphic image of what was reported to be Osama bin Laden's bloodied face, which went viral on the Internet and was plastered on the front page of newspapers around the world, is a fake.

The lower part of the photograph, which shows his partially opened mouth and graying beard, is almost identical to another image of bin Laden published years ago. The upper half shows his wounds in detail greater than that of the rest of the photo and there are unusual and abrupt shifts in the coloration of his skin.

A photographer consulted by CNN said the gruesome photograph is most definitely not real.

"I have seen a great number of poorly Photoshopped images in my time as a photographer and I can tell by the pixels that it is a fake," said Kenna Lindsay, a New York-based photographer who works with composite images.

The Guardian newspaper in Britain reported the picture is actually a combination of two photographs: a bloodied corpse and a real image of bin Laden that was taken in 1998 and used by the Reuters news agency.

The doctored image blanketed the Internet in the hours after bin Laden's death and was picked up by news groups far and wide, in places like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Senegal and Iraq.

Meanwhile, U.S. officials are weighing whether to release an actual image of bin Laden's corpse. A photograph could help to convince doubters about his death, but it also could inflame passions against the United States.

"I'll be candid that there are sensitivities here in terms of the appropriateness of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden in the aftermath of this firefight," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Tuesday. "We're making an evaluation about the need to do that."

A senior government official involved in the discussions said a photo release could come as early as Tuesday.

A second government official familiar with intelligence matters said deliberations are leaning toward a release, but emphasized that the decision "isn't unanimous and everyone has understandable hesitation."
----------------------------------
This article is a few days old now. I believe the government has decided [probably from the beginning] to do with any photos what they said they did with the body...deep six them....[you'll never see 'em'] and the truth shall not be known!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Al-Qaeda leader Bin Laden 'dead'. Again. - by Peter Lemkin - 06-05-2011, 07:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another one Dead......McAfee - of anti-virus fame. Peter Lemkin 2 1,984 25-06-2021, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Three Kurdish women found shot dead in Paris Magda Hassan 8 13,992 29-07-2015, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Danny Jarman
  Umurov dead? Magda Hassan 0 3,367 19-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Tajik President Emomali Rakhmon ‘s brother-in-law shot dead in Dushanbe Ed Jewett 0 2,289 15-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Polish President and Army Chief of Staff dead David Guyatt 125 56,915 31-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Arizona Congresswoman Shot dead at point-blank range moments ago~! Peter Lemkin 151 42,550 02-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Missing Pakistani Journalist Who Wrote of ISI/Navy/Al Quida Links Found Dead! Peter Lemkin 3 3,796 30-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Taliban Leader Mullah Mohmmad Omar has been found and killed in Pakistan Magda Hassan 2 3,179 23-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Ex-Congressional aide found dead in burning car near W.H. official's home Ed Jewett 8 8,556 21-01-2011, 09:03 PM
  Ukrainian Journalist Missing, Presumed Dead Ed Jewett 0 3,090 09-09-2010, 01:57 AM