Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mediterranean Battlefield - Syria
Here is a surprising article from Russian Insider, which contradicts many views of Putin as a geo-strategic genius. I think his incursion into Syria was well planned with Kerry and Obama for murky reasons. This article suggests that Putin is trying to earn his way back into the good graces of the West.

Quote:First of all let's think about the reason why we came to Syria: not to win, as it now seems, otherwise we wouldn't have left before doing so. Besides, we used limited force: you can't beat ISIS with 50 planes.I was really disappointed, although I should have expected this kind of trick.

It's amoral to start a war just to gain authority and acceptance back into the world community. People have always started wars to win, but we just made a little noise, lost a few lives and left.

We got a few rewards: ruble and oil are increasing, and our friendship with America is growing stronger, slowly but steadily. We achieved our goal of being accepted back into high society, and reconciliation is under way.

What immorality, to be still currying favor with the West!

There was a TV discussion on whether Putin would be able to keep his cult reputation in Syria. I'm sure it won't be for long.

In world news, Syrian Kurds formed an autonomous region called Syrian Kurdistan or Rojava in the town of Ramilan (which by the way has the largest Syrian oil deposits).

Apparently their goal is to join forces with Iraqi Kurdistan, which became an autonomous region long ago, creating Greater Kurdistan. Actually, Syrian Kurds fear a Turkish invasion. (Meanwhile Erdogan is ranting and raving: he knows that Turkey is about to be torn to pieces after Syria.) Syrian Kurdistan opened a diplomatic mission in Moscow and will probably be present at the negotiations in Geneva, thanks to Moscow.

Without ending the Donbass conflict, making amends via humanitarian assistance; giving up the conflict in Syria, leaving them with Putin portraits (plus, humanitarian assistance soap, cereal and macaroni products, that's a comfort!), will they also leave Syrian Kurdistan out in the cold at some point in the future?

This behavior is absolutely improper: people start wars to win.

I have the impression that Russian leaders are working side-by-side with the US, not against them, having learned to pursue a devastating and amoral strategy: come to a country with military assistance, then cut it adrift, leaving a blazing whorehouse behind.

This next article is from a Russian source (Chrome translation) announcing that the US corporations are welcome to take part in the next wave of Russian privatizations. Now that's interesting. ::cuckoo::

Quote:US companies can increase their presence in the Russian market - they can take part in the privatization of large state-owned Russian. This was told by the Minister of Economic Development Alexei Ulyukayev said after a meeting with US Ambassador to Russia John Tefft.

"I gave the explanation for the large number of issues of interest to our American colleagues, prospects of economic development in Russia and the possibility of US companies to participate in privatization", - the minister said.

Asked whether US banks involved in the privatization of the organization is planned, Alexei Ulyukayev said that the number of global banks expressed readiness to participate in the promotion of privatization projects.

"I think fundamentally the right to privatization procedures were as transparent and understandable as possible for any investor, and in this regard the participation of qualified international consultants is very important," - he added.

The Minister also informed that the Ministry of Economic Development will direct banks, which agreed to provide advisory services on privatization, proposals for the price."Who will be the second stage - the price Picking, today we will send a corresponding letter to the end of the week we get the answers to the parameters of quotations And then, based on their feedback, we define the window of opportunity for those and other assets.", - Concluded the Minister.

By "big" privatization of the government is preparing a five-core assets this year -"Rosneft" , "Bashneft" Bank "VTB", Sovcomflot, "Alrosa". If adverse conditions persist, stakes in state-owned companies will be sold at "low" market that can bring significant profits for customers in the future.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

Messages In This Thread
A Mediterranean Battlefield - Syria - by Lauren Johnson - 30-03-2016, 04:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Syria: The New Suez Attack by France, UK and Israel also Fails David Guyatt 1 10,673 25-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Syria: The Never Ending Neocon Story David Guyatt 10 57,159 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM
  Trump Does 180 Shift On Syria: Regime Change Back On The Table Lauren Johnson 4 9,630 08-09-2018, 11:07 AM
  Breaking: Us invades syria from jordan Lauren Johnson 6 37,107 04-04-2018, 08:36 AM
  Syria Interruptus: When the Worked For Climax Goes Horribly Wrong David Guyatt 0 8,520 28-01-2017, 02:00 PM
  Syria's Phoenix Assassination Programme to be Ruthlessly Terminated? David Guyatt 1 5,896 15-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Obama's Last Stand Against War on Syria David Guyatt 0 6,103 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM
  Consequences: The US Failed Gamble of Regime Change in Syria & Ukraine? David Guyatt 0 3,731 19-10-2016, 10:39 AM
  Syria - Israel, The Elephant in the Room? David Guyatt 0 5,044 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM
  RFK Jr.: A quick course on US policy in Syria Richard Coleman 1 5,025 28-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin