Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/

Media, Internet and Government Censoring Wall Street Protest?

Posted on September 30, 2011 by WashingtonsBlog

Mainstream Media Censoring Wall Street Protests

The mainstream media is refusing to cover the Wall Street protests.
Google and Twitter are both alleged to be censoring the protests.
As an op-ed in China Daily notes, the "US media blackout of protest is shameful".
While China is hardly a bastion for free speech or a free media, the pot is in this case correct in calling the kettle black.

Government Censorship?

Governments have ordered YouTube to take down protest videos.
America has engaged in massive censorship in recent years, and the elites have openly pined to crack down even more … and to emulate China. For example, Senator Joe Lieberman lamented:
Right now, China can disconnect parts of its Internet in times of war. We need to be able to do that too.
Is the U.S. government censoring coverage of the Wall Street protests? Only time will tell.

Posted in Politics / World News | 3 Comments

Wall Street Protest: Time for Conservative Endorsements

Big Liberal Endorsements for Wall Street Protest

Given that numerous unions (and see this) and progressive luminaries like Cornell West, Michael Moore, Bernie Sanders and Russel Simmons are joining the Wall Street protest, this may be painted by some as a "left-wing movement".

Conservatives Support Protests

Of course, United Airlines pilots are not a particularly liberal group, but they joined in.
Indeed, conservatives such as Dylan Ratigan, Karl Denninger, and supporters of Ron Paul have also joined in to the protests.

The Divide-And-Conquer Technique Is Failing

I've repeatedly warned that there is a scripted, psuedo-war between Dems and Repubs, liberals and conservatives which is in reality a false divide-and-conquer dog-and-pony show created by the powers that be to keep the American people divided and distracted. See this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this,this and this. (In fact, the Founding Fathers warned us about the threat from a two party system.)
The Tea Party was quickly co-opted by the Republican Party:
Remember that one of the founders of the Tea Party Karl Denninger has slammedthe current Tea Party (which was quickly co-opted by the mainstream GOP) for serving the rich and the Republican party instead of fighting against the giant banks, and iscalling for non-partisan, Gandhi-style nonviolent resistance to take on the banskters.
Don't let the Wall Street protests get hijacked by the mainstream Democratic Party.

Time for Big Conservative Endorsements

This is not a liberal or a conservative cause … it is both.
It is time for some big conservative endorsements, to rally around the non-partisan issues important to all Americans.
The Tea Party should endorse the protests, but so should the Oath Keepers, taxpayer rights groups, conservative Christians, limited government groups, and all other conservative groups.
A sign from the Wall Street protest shows that the people on the ground get it:
[Image: WSsign2.jpg]
Posted in Politics / World News | 1 Comment

AFL-CIO Chief Backs Wall Street Protest

AFL-CIO Boss Supports Wall Street Protest

[Note: Many other unions are supporting the protests as well.]
By leading anti-war activist David Swanson, author of Day Break and War Is A Lie, who runs the websites DavidSwanson.org and WarIsACrime.org (formerly AfterDowningStreet.org).

AFL-CIO's Richard Trumka Backs Occupy Wall Street
Video on C-Span.
Rough transcript:
okay. let's take questions from the audience. in the very back there's a question with his hand up, and if you can give us your name, and if you're with an organization and also keep your questions brief so we can get to as many people as possible.
certainly. lloyd chris, america's democratic action. my question actually has to do with the occupied wall street protests that are going on in new york city, and there's been some recent activity where some union locals are kind of becoming involved in that, and I was wondering if you have an opinion on some of the AFL-CIO national member organizations, kind of beginning to take a role in that because I sort of think that that street demonstration activity is sort of forcing dialogue on the issues that you're talking about. just wondered if you have any thoughts on that, thank you.
I happen to agree with you. I think being in the streets and calling attention to issues is sometime the only recourse you have because god only knows you can go to the hill, and you can talk to a lot of people and see nothing ever happen because it doesn't happen. in the streets, I think, a lot of people are there. our international unions are involved. our locals are involved, and you'll see a lot of working people. you'll see a lot of small business people. you'll see a lot of manufacturing people who actually produce in this country that are being stepped on the same way by multinationals in wall street. I think it's a tactic and a valid tactic to call attention to a problem. wall street is out of control. we have three imbalances in this country. the imbalance between imports and exports. the imbalance between employer power and working power, and the imbalance between the real economy and the financial economy. we need to bring back balance to the final economy and calling attention to it and peacefully protesting is very legitimate way of doing it. god only knows i've done it thousands of times myself, and i'll do it again.

Posted in Politics / World News | Leave a comment

We've Fought Too Hard to Abandon Our Ground

We've been down this road before
Shown worse devils to the door
Throw off our chains of slavery
Now is the time to set ourselves free
And reclaim our liberty
We've come too far to give up now
We've fought too hard to abandon our ground
Though the battle may be long
And the oppressors are strong
In time, the battle will be won
Tyrants have come, tyrants have gone
Ever since the days of Babylon
The chance of winning may seem low
But there is something I know
Something that gives me hope…
They bought the politicians and the news
They've got all the weapons (which they like to use)
But they are few and we're billions strong
We are the giant … been sleeping for too long
Time to wake up and sing our victory song
Words and music Copyright © 2005-2011 George Washington/Washington's Blog.
For more inspiration, read this, this and then this.

Posted in Politics / World News | 1 Comment
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Ed Jewett - 30-09-2011, 11:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: