Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
Twenty years ago, my wife and I hosted a Russian foreign exchange student; she soon taught us the Russian national card game: Durak, which translates as "fool." The point of the game is to get rid of your cards so that you are not the "fool." We invited a Georgian exchange student whom she despised because he was Georgian: "Georgians are all criminals." We soon started playing Durak. After a few minutes, Ira stood up and screamed at the young man: "You are cheating," which we found out that is exactly what he was doing. He laughed and said, "But that's the point. In Durak, you are supposed to cheat." Ira admitted that he was telling the truth; she just didn't want her beloved host parents to be made fools by a disgusting Georgian. (Google "durak" + "cheating" and you find this: "During gameplay, any form of cheating is completely legitimate as long as no other player challenges the movement based on the agreed rules. If the cheating is discovered, the player who cheated must take back their action..."). In other words, cheat but don't get caught. Secondly, if you cheat and make a fool out of someone, it means he is even a bigger fool because he did not catch you.

Sounds familiar to me. #OWS

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Lauren Johnson - 17-10-2011, 04:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: