Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
Keith Millea Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:I heard that the Police Chief had resigned. I'll have to check though as I only saw it in one place and that was early this morning (my time) :pinkelephant:

Magda,

What I've read is that the former Police Chief resigned because the mayor didn't give him the resources he requested.The recall petition was started earlier for this reason.Now we have the OWS people coming at her from the totally opposite end of the spectrum.I'd say she is burnt toast!
Thanks Keith, yes, that would be it then. I hope the current one becomes a former one soon. There was an article in Counter Punch about all this and the majority of the council's budget is spent on the police. Rookies get $90,000 before over time. So, very good pay and conditions there for some.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Magda Hassan - 27-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: