Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
As an extension of the above: Extended study of tactics and strategy [the three pre-eminent sources are Sun Tzu, Sir BH Liddell-Hart and John Boyd, and Morihei Ueshiba] demonstrate that the functional and effective techniques of confrontation involve taking away the enemy's tools and moving in such a way as to make his weapons useless. Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" has at least seven major translations, is online, etc. Liddell-Hart wrote "Strategy", a masterpiece on the use of "the indirect approach". Boyd's works include his thesis on destruction and creation, as well as the files, books and briefings (all online) on the OODA loop. Ueshiba founded aikido, and you can google up videos that show unarmed men going against those with knives and swords and remaining uncut & triumphant.

The latter is not to suggest violence. (Engaging in violence will feed into their power.) This is beautifully expressed in the indirect strategy, out-thinking the opposition (Boyd's energy-maneuverability theories), and in Ueshiba's writings, teachings and practice. [There is a direction connection to being grounded, relaxed, aware, centered and energized.] If the resistance can move more nimbly, think more quickly, act more humanely....

As I have read all those books (and they are on my shelf at my elbow), and have studied and practiced aikido and have over a dozen related books (and there are scads of YouTube demos)....
Confusedmallprint:
I think I have an idea for a new blog.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Ed Jewett - 17-11-2011, 10:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: