Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
Albert Doyle Wrote:Peter, you made that sound like they were gassed. That's a fireman's crash tent designed to shield the public from viewing victims with horrific injuries. That gas canister was used to inflate the structure. The protesters were seen out the other side at the end sitting down and handcuffed.

It's probably illegal because of lack of transparency.

As it happened live, the crowd is chanting "what do you have to hide?"; then, the reaction of almost all there when the guy put the tank connector on was that this was some kind of tear gas or similar....only much later most realized it was likely to inflate the tent. It had a very sinister nature, as these protestors were simply lying there chanting, not chained together, no weapons, nothing. Before they brought it over they tried to get the livestreamer to stop. The most frightening thing about doing things like that is ANYTHING could happen under the tent - unseen by the public. Most of the police had their names and badges covered, I might note. They certainly were not into 'transparency'. I still find it very sinister, totally unnecessary and a frightening trend. As the livestreamer was distracted by the policewoman trying to get her to stop, and that was when they were removed, most who were there did NOT see them sitting across the street, and fewer watching. Comments on chat was about what had happened to them and did they just vanish. I hope we see NO MORE of those kinds of tents used to make arrests!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Peter Lemkin - 13-12-2011, 07:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: