Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
Thu Dec 15, 2011 at 01:57 AM PST

Tired of police brutality against protesters? Try this...

by Ray PensadorFollow
[TABLE="class: stats"]
[TR]
[TD="class: statcomments"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

By now is beginning to dawn on people that perhaps their understanding of what this country was about may have been a little off base. Constitutional protections? Right to peacefully assemble? The rule of law applied equally to all, regardless of station in life?
As we've seen, in the face of criminality and thievery by the ruling class, and the increasing oppression people are being subjected to as a consequence, when the citizenry has taken to the street in protest, they have been met with the fascist boot of their oppressors (in the form of militarized police-cum-corporate-goons).
Beatings, harassment of journalists, mass arrests, the use of tear gas, and pepper spray, and worst, have all become standard operating procedures for these "officers of the law."
And all this has happened even as the Occupy protest has remained peaceful (by and large). And yet, we are beginning to see the corporate media drumbeat trying to demonize these true patriots, members of the Occupy movement, by labeling them as "terrorists."
Who are the true terrorists? Who stole trillions of dollars by devising massive investment scams that plunged the country into economic despair?
Here's the thing... The beatings and the harassment, and the intimidation, and the arrests, and the increasingly serious charges being filed against protesters, are all part of a concerted strategy of "psychological warfare."
It engenders fear in the population; it intimidates people and makes them think twice before joining a protest march, or even supporting the movement; it helps create a sense of impotence.
The protest movement needs to evolve; it needs to take the task at hand much more seriously. I go to the protests, and interact with people, and at some level it feels like a "love fest." The music, the general assembly meetings addressing all kind of issues. It's all nice. I understand it; people want to come together in camaraderie, and friendship, and brotherhood. It's all good. I don't discourage that...
But what I don't see is "militancy" or discipline, organization, strategic thinking. And it seems to me that, given the challenge before us, those are precisely the things we are going to need if we are going to be able to mount a credible challenge to the fascistic corporatist hegemony.
And I argue that a highly-disciplined faction within the movement could be the greatest guarantee against eventual violence... Not that great unwarranted violence is not already happening. But of course, it's only one side perpetrating the violence: The fascistic militarized police against peaceful protesters.
I call for the formation of a "well-regulated" faction within the Occupy movement in order to engage in a relentless campaign of nationwide high-profile protest actions that are strategic, well-planned, and always peaceful.
Scenario... At Ocar Grant plaza Occupiers are mingling; it's 2:00pm, cold, but sunny. All of the sudden 50 members of this very focused and disciplined subset of protesters show up, all at once. They're all wearing dark-color clothing, and plain dark baseball caps.
Members of this group do not engage in dancing, or playing instruments, or discussions about the Glass-Steagall, or "Move to Amend." Their only focus is on coming up with very carefully-planned protest tactics meant to put a relentless amount of (increase) pressure on the corrupt system, while avoiding violent confrontation with the "authorities." A tall order, of course.
But here's the thing, for the same reasons this idea makes many good people reading this diary very nervous and uncomfortable, it is that the powers-that-be will take notice.
And at this point, we the people need to force the PTB to pay very careful attention at the just and fair grievances we are raising.
As I mentioned, the police brutality against protesters also serves as psychological warfare, meant to discourage others from joining the movement, and meant to defeat us.
This movement can't just be about protesters having their faces smashed in, or put in patty wagons for hours, left to urinate and defecate on themselves; or taken to private rooms for a beating.
Some say that we have accomplished a great deal thus far, and that the trajectory the movement is taking is just fine. But are we really? Has there been any change in policies? Or are more "austerity" measure being planned against the people.
My position is that if we are too timid when it comes to coming up with ideas to project power, there may come a time that people are going to feel pushed to despair, and then they may explode in anger, so you end up going from one extreme to the other.
Folks, this is very serious. We are facing the possibility of ending up in serfdom, under an brutally oppressive regime.
I've heard that there are military veterans joining the movement in different cities; they could be a perfect sub-set for this type of highly-disciplined, focused, and strategic (peaceful) group.
Regarding strategy, a group like this could evaluate the situation, and come up with many ideas to put the maximum amount of pressure on the system, while avoiding direct confrontation with the authorities.
A "propaganda" campaign would go hand in hand with this group's operations. They would project power, discipline, success, inspiration. They would be true "peaceful warriors."
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Peter Lemkin - 16-12-2011, 07:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: