Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
Here. They welcome suggestions....please offer the many we have talked about on this Forum - plus your own favorites!

This is an emergency response to the destruction of the library at Occupy Wall Street, a clear attempt to destroy the education of passionate people who are tired of living in a deeply flawed system. Razing libraries and burning books has historically failed every time; thiis will be the most colossal failure to repress education in history, because this time, the education will not be centralized.
Just as the library was a collection of donated books, OccupyEducated.org will be a place where you can have your say as to what books are important reading for understanding the occupation. For pre-launch, here is a list brought to you by the Practical Change Working Group.
The only thing no one can ever take away from you is your education.
If you are curious about why Occupy Wall Street has turned into Occupy Everywhere, if you want a basic understanding of the problems in the system that make this stand necessary, we believe these are the books to start with, in no particular order.* The links go to a description, video, and ways to borrow or buy.

More Content Is on the way!

We just launched a few days ago, we've still got that "new site" smell. There will be loads of both aggregated and original content very soon! Expect to see:
  • Free Digital Versions of Books
  • Author Interviews and Q&A's
  • On Demand Educational Web "TV" Programming
  • Online Classes and Seminars
  • Local Events Nationwide
  • Streamed Roundtable Discussions Between Different Political & Ideological Groups to Find Common Ground & Promote Unity
  • Much More...

Helen Keller's Response to Nazi Book-Burning
To the Student Body of Germany, May 9, 1933

History has taught you nothing if you think you can kill ideas. Tyrants have tried to do that often before, and the ideas have risen up in their might and destroyed them.

You can burn my books and the books of the best minds in Europe, but the ideas in them have seeped through a million channels, and will continue to quicken other minds. I gave all the royalties of my books to the soldiers blinded in the World War with no thought in my heart but love and compassion for the Germany people.

Do not imagine your barbarities to the Jews are unknown here. God sleepeth not, and He will visit his Judgment upon you. Better were it for you to have a mill-stone hung round your neck and sink into the sea than to be hated and despised of all men.

Helen Keller
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Peter Lemkin - 18-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: