Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for!
It is hard to shed a tear for those bastards who have destroyed the Planet and all living things that inhabit it.

....again, can't post the video [BBC doesn't allow], but interesting short interview with Cornel West [who tells it like it is!] on the Occupy Movement and the fact that half of US population is now considered poor or very low income [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16210940"]HERE.

I'd love to see a one hour debate between Cornel West and one of the cry-baby billionaires, mentioned two posts above.

[/URL]
HOME DEPOT CO-FOUNDER BERNIE MARCUS: "Who gives a crap about some imbecile? Are you kidding me?"
HOME DEPOT CO-FOUNDER KEN LANGONE: "I am a fat cat, I'm not ashamed…If you mean by fat cat that I've succeeded, yeah, then I'm a fat cat. I stand guilty of being a fat cat."
FORMER BB&T BANK CEO JOHN ALLISON: "Instead of an attack on the 1 percent, let's call it an attack on the very productive. This attack is destructive."
PAYCHECX INC. FOUNDER TOM GOLISANO: "If I hear a politician use the term paying your fair share' one more time, I'm going to vomit."
[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16210940"]

Nearly 1 in 2 Americans are living either below the poverty level or within a stone's throw of it, according to a new Census metric designed to give a more complete view of poverty. According to the latest data, 49.1 million Americans are below the poverty line, and another 97.3 million are considered low-income, which is usually defined as having income between 100% and 199%* of the poverty level. The new system is designed to account for living expenses like medical costs and commuting costs, and those factors drove the total higher than the 1 in 3 that was reported in September. But even by traditional tallies, the share of working families who are low income has risen for three straight years, to 31.2%. *Trust me, even at 200% of the poverty level set by the USG, a single person can't get by, and it gets even more difficult the larger the family. Try to live, as a single person, in the USA on 22,000$US/year -try it! Or as a couple on 30,000 - or with one child on 34,000 etc.

[/URL]

Attached Files
.jpg   Poverty2009.jpg (Size: 20.1 KB / Downloads: 1)
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Occupy Everywhere - Sept 17th - Day of Rage Against Wall Street and what it stands for! - by Peter Lemkin - 26-12-2011, 08:13 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Scholars Who Shill for Wall Street Magda Hassan 0 4,082 25-10-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  International Resistance - OCCUPY MONACO Magda Hassan 2 3,826 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Britains upcoming Summer of Rage could end in a Nazi death camp. 0 905 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: