Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War by Deception Director's Cut (three hour video)
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Quote:I personally find the global warming denial a turn-off, but then I'm an Environmental Scientist....and know it is not a conspiracy as he sees it - quite the opposite....but people differ, don't they.
I agree Peter but I think the global warming/not warming division is being played by both sides for various political gain. The anti warmers are funded by big oil and friends who want business as usual, and what a wonderfully profitable business it has been. On the other side bankers and finance marketers are drooling at the prospect of an Emissions Trading (ponzi) Scheme to make billions from. Meanwhile, people just want transport to go to work and visit friends and family and gas and electricity to keep warm and cook. All this can easily be provided by renewables right now but there is no lobbyists for them as there is not the super profits there is in oil and market trading. That's where the conspiracy is.

I agree with what you've said, but that is only part of a very complex picture...and perhaps this is not the right thread to divert to put it in. Briefly, the major problem of most humans is the belief that we are the ONLY or most important species on the Planet Gaia, and that the resources are here for our use...and not for those of other species. This distorted and suicidal anthropocentric view is only about 14-16,000 years old in some areas and not yet present in the few remaining indigenous societies who worship and feel 'one with' Nature and other living things. The hubris [and to some extent religious/societal beliefs that re-enforce this view - not all religions/societies do!] of humans will be our downfall. We [all living things, as a group] survive and thrive together - or perish together...very soon!... Most humans are totally unaware of how we humans depend on all other living things and Gaia itself - both its living and non-living components. Read Derrick Jensen [many threads on him already on this Forum], and I'll speak more to this on another Environmental thread later.....
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
War by Deception Director's Cut (three hour video) - by Peter Lemkin - 16-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Strange Tourist Attraction One Hour East of Me. Dogs not allowed. Peter Lemkin 5 6,266 21-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Generation OS13: The new culture of resistance (Video) Ed Jewett 0 2,325 15-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Click on the Disease and You will get a Video Explanation Bernice Moore 0 2,469 23-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  WikiLeaks Says DHS Plans to Ban Popular Angry Birds Video Game Magda Hassan 2 4,265 27-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  "By Way of Deception, We Shall Do War" Ed Jewett 0 3,576 20-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett