Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rise of the Drones – UAVs After 9/11
They do seem intent on using all the new technology to spy on the Citizenry. The books 1984 and Brave New World were quite good predictors of the horrors we now face - soon to be supplanted by even worse horrors, I fear. It might just be [in the end] that too many humans are evil and they get into power and spread their evil via control, theft and death, etc. And that the species will soon end and take with it many other species. I hope not...but that seems to be the trajectory. Another World IS Possible, but it will that the Sheeple becoming angry People, willing to do battle with the Powers now in control of most of the countries of the World. The USA and UK are certainly doing their very worst to become the new tyrannts to their own citizens and those of other countries. I could add some other counties to that list...Israel, Russia, China, to some extent all NATO counties. Its looking bad for life on this Planet. The madmen are in control and they have new technologies now to spy on everyone everywhere..and seem intent on using them for evil, not for good, as they could be used. Very sad indeed.

I hear they have tested bird-sized drones capable of visual and sound spying. They plan to have bee sized soon and then fly sized. With nanotechnology, I guess almost anything is possible. These, however, are NOT desirable and will destroy what very little privacy and democracy remains....precious little remains.

The good in People can't yet make the above named and some other countries stop agressive preemtive wars, use of cluster bombs, biological weapons, nukes and other horrors...now we have drones to spy on and kill people without the killers having to even enter the battlefield. Evil marches onward. Will Good ever catch up and defeat it?! I grow very skeptical in my old age...but will go out fighting!
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
Rise of the Drones – UAVs After 9/11 - by Peter Lemkin - 22-01-2012, 10:38 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Micro-Drones that can do Surveillance or Kill Peter Lemkin 0 15,337 20-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Superpower for Hire: Rise of the Private Military Lauren Johnson 0 3,106 25-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  The Rise of the Police State and the Absence of Mass Opposition Ed Jewett 10 8,247 28-07-2012, 08:04 PM
  Local cops using Predator drones to spy on Americans in their own backyards Bernice Moore 1 3,193 14-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  USAF Wants Gunfire Sensor for Drones Ed Jewett 0 2,567 29-11-2011, 03:44 AM
  Spy drones, some tiny as bugs, evolve to fight new battles Ed Jewett 0 2,658 22-06-2011, 04:42 AM
  CIA Drones Killed Over 2,000, Mostly Civilians in Pakistan Since 2006 - So Proud To Be American..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,515 05-01-2011, 09:24 AM
  Lawsuit That Could Ground Deadly CIA Predator Drones Peter Lemkin 0 3,185 16-10-2010, 03:38 PM
  Legality of US drones questioned David Guyatt 8 6,456 29-03-2010, 05:31 PM
  Panetta on Drones, Assassination ad nauseum Ed Jewett 0 2,851 25-10-2009, 06:50 AM