Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Museum of Hidden History!!!! Not A Moment Too Soon!
The Museum of Hidden History was incorporated on April 25, 2012. We have applied for our non-profit status from the IRS and donations are now tax-deductible.

We are excited about our strategic plans to create a first stage Hidden History Research Center and Library this year. That will be followed by a series of traveling exhibits that will be on view in museums around the country. With your help, we hope to open the Museum of Hidden History, which will include an expanding library, archive and research center, in 2016.

We will be telling stories of American history that you've never heard secrets about powerful figures, operations performed under the radar, and actions hidden from the public, from people like you, that changed our country.

We will be revealing history from many perspectives, including those of women, ordinary people, people of color and others whose voices have yet to be heard and whose stories remain untold. They are part of our real but hidden history.

For more information, please write:

John Judge, Marilyn Tenenoff or Phil Fornaci at:

Museum of Hidden History
P.O. Box 772
Washington, DC 20044

info@museumofhiddenhistory.org

MUSEUM OF HIDDEN HISTORY SPONSORS

♦ Howard Zinn, historian and author (1922-2010)
♦ Daniel Ellsberg, Pentagon Papers whistleblower
♦ Rep. Cynthia McKinney, former Congresswoman
♦ Judge Joe Brown, jurist, Martin Luther King, Jr. assassination case
♦ Cyril Wecht, JD, MD, world-renowned forensic scientist
♦ Ronnie Dugger, journalist and author
♦ James Loewen, sociologist and author
♦ John Pilger, author and documentary filmmaker
♦ Michael Parenti, historian and author
♦ Peter Dale Scott, researcher and author
♦ Douglas Valentine, historian and author
♦ Vincent Salandria, researcher and author
♦ William Blum, historian and author
♦ Louis Wolf, editor, Covert Action Quarterly
♦ Dick Russell, researcher and author
♦ Sam Smith, editor, Progressive Review

MUSEUM OF HIDDEN HISTORY BOARD MEMBERS

John Judge, Founder and Executive Director: John's qualifications include: a BA with a major in Communication Arts; 45 years of experience in research, writing and lecturing; 40 years of experience administering and fundraising for non-profit organizations; 20 years of media relations work; and two years working as a Congressional staffer. His duties with the Museum of Hidden History include fundraising; publicity and outreach; newsletter and website development; and oversight of the Library and Research Center.

Marilyn Tenenoff, Treasurer: Marilyn's qualifications include: a BA with a major in English; 7 years of experience as a secondary school teacher; 15 years of experience with traveling exhibits and in retail marketing; and 30 years of office management and bookkeeping experience, both as a business owner and an office supervisor. Her duties with the Museum of Hidden History include financial planning and bookkeeping; marketing; traveling exhibit development; and oversight of interns.

Phillip Fornaci, Secretary: Phil's qualifications include: a BA with majors in English and Philosophy; a JD with Honors; bar certifications in Maryland and the District of Columbia; 20 years of civil rights and public policy advocacy; 15 years of fundraising experience, including major donor solicitation and grant writing; 15 years of community organizing experience; 15 years of staff supervision and management experience. His duties with the Museum of Hidden History include legal and tax consultation; fundraising; DC business relations; community outreach; and event planning.

We will be using new archives, documents and research to re-tell aspects of history that have been lost or distorted, and to inform us about our own history, kept from us for decades but now "declassified" and open to the public.

Our history is in danger of being lost. The true history of America's past, as well as recent history from World War II forward, has yet to be accurately and honestly told. In the near future, countless books, records, documents and archives of hidden history will either be preserved or destroyed. We have begun the process of protecting them and supporting the full release of government files still buried in the name of national security.

History matters, and access to real history is critical! Our history informs our present and our future, and information is the most important tool in a real democracy.

Please let us know if you are interested in this Museum, would want to visit once we open our doors, have something you could contribute research collections, volunteer hours, ideas for exhibits or financial support. Please sign up for our mailing list on our home page and receive our regular updates and news and tell your friends about us.

Keep your eyes on this site, as we continue to work on establishing our museum. We'll learn a lot, together…

Contact: Museum of Hidden History, P.O. Box 772, Washington, DC 20044 or info@museumofhiddenhistory.org

The Museum of Hidden History is a new museum that will be located in
Washington DC for the following purposes:
♦ Preserving historical documents and research that might otherwise be lost
♦ Serving as a repository for newly-released classified files on US history since
1947, when secrecy became the norm

The Museum of Hidden History will combine a museum, an archive and a library.
It will be a research and learning center into the hidden history of the United
States, both here and abroad, with emphasis on the period from WWII to the
present. The focus of the Museum will be on revealing information, raising
questions and provoking discussion, rather than on propounding a particular
point of view or set of conclusions.

What is the Mission of the Museum of Hidden History?

♦ To inform and educate the public about little-known aspects of local, national and international history, about actively hidden history, and about alternative perspectives on history

♦ To provide a mechanism for the preservation of history that might otherwise be lost

♦ To encourage the unearthing and exposure of new aspects of history

♦ To support the release of government records that would shed light on recent American history

What is Hidden History?

♦ What we do not see because of our assumptions and mis-education

♦ What we cannot see because of our paradigms and lack of counter-narratives

♦ What we are not allowed to see by the National Security State
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter,
As we say in the Corps "OooRah!"

While I did not attend the COPA conferences in Dallas and LA in 2004 or 5 (?), I did buy the DvDs from Mr. Ralph Coles. I remember John Judge discussing with the attendees the idea of a "conspiracy museum".

I am much pleased to know this idea is coming to fruition. A fantastic thing in this community as a whole.
I'll support the efforts.

Thanks Peter!!!! and all involved.
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON
Quite an initial sponsor list. The problem will be funding...but if they can get that, and a good location, it could be spectacular! I could think of literally thousands of photos, documents and other things....and imagine the bookshop! Confusedhock:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Quite an initial sponsor list. The problem will be funding...but if they can get that, and a good location, it could be spectacular! I could think of literally thousands of photos, documents and other things....and imagine the bookshop! Confusedhock:

I imagine a day when the hard to find stuff can be found at Andy's and at the Museum!
I'll contribute what I can to try to make this THE ANTIDOTE to Gary Macks' COPOUT CONFUSEUM.

Imagine: Go to big D to get the LIE and go to the Beltway to be re-educated.
People are suckers for the truth - just because it is the truth.
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOIA releases William Colby's official history as CIA director, 1973 - 76. Anthony Thorne 0 2,592 18-12-2016, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  The hidden forces guiding the US Government Ivan De Mey 1 3,698 06-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  America's Dirty War In Guatamala Has Long Sad History Peter Lemkin 0 8,128 02-11-2015, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Red Ice Radio: Interview with Mark Hackard on Russia and the West: Cold War & Espionage History Paul Rigby 0 3,677 21-06-2015, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The Hidden History of the ADL..... by Jeffrey Blankfort Kara Dellacioppa 0 3,742 15-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Kara Dellacioppa
  David Cameron & the History leading up to him Magda Hassan 3 4,666 25-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Tories: "This is our Thatcher moment" Jan Klimkowski 0 2,098 31-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  CIA History of DCI William Colby; NSA Bernice Moore 0 2,626 30-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Name the most important CONSPIRACY in American history Jack White 8 6,479 04-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Malcolm Pryce
  Fascism Nothing New In America, Sadly. Those who do not learn the lessons of history.... Peter Lemkin 0 3,872 05-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin