Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letter from Mark Lane on the 50th
[my note:] While I harbor some unease about Lane's associations with Jones and Jonestown, his work on JFK has been good and shouldn't be thrown out due to the above - for which he may well have been set-up exactly FOR his JFK work. [the mansion has many rooms - all with mirrors on every surface.]

Dear Folks:

On November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was murdered on a bright sunny day in Dallas, Texas. On November 24, 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald was murdered in the basement of the Dallas Police and Courts Building, while handcuffed to a police officer. The next day, the New York Times headline was, "President's Assassin Shot to Death..." That headline disturbed me. I passionately believed then, as I still do, in the American system of justice, and that headline convicted a man before he was even indicted. In December, 1963, I published A Lawyer's Brief; Is Oswald Innocent? in the National Guardian. It began:

IN ALL LIKELIHOOD there does not exist a single American community where reside 12 men or women, good and true, who presume that Lee Harvey Oswald did not assassinate President Kennedy. No more savage comment can be made in reference to the breakdown of the Anglo-Saxon system of jurisprudence. At the very foundation of our judicial operation lies a cornerstone which shelters the innocent and guilty alike against group hysteria, manufactured evidence, overzealous law enforcement officials, in short, against those factors which militate for an automated, prejudged, neatly packaged verdict of guilty. It is the sacred right of every citizen accused of committing a crime to the presumption of innocence.

It is now 2013. It has been 50 years the Kennedy assassination. Since my article was published, I have written four books questioning the Warren Commission Report on the assassination. The first, Rush to Judgment, was the New York Times number one bestselling book for the year 1966, and again the number one bestselling paperback for the year 1967, showing there was a deep hunger for the truth from the beginning. Many, many others have meticulously researched and questioned every aspect of the assassination, and it remains today one of the highest profile unsolved mysteries of our time, despite official claims that it was solved 50 years ago.

This year I will continue to lobby for the truth. My friend, Martin Sheen, was kind enough to provide the narration for my new film, A Rush to Judgment, which combines the witness reports from the original Rush to Judgment with new material, including my discussion with Oliver Stone, the director of JFK, Robert Tanenbaum, the chief investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations, and Abraham Bolden, the first African American member of the White House Detail of the Secret Service, handpicked by President Kennedy for that detail. A Rush to Judgment is nearing completion we are hoping it will be available to you soon. I'll keep you posted.

We are also planning the release of my first three books on the Kennedy assassination, Rush to Judgment, A Citizen's Dissent, and Plausible Denial, as Ebooks. Look for them this summer.

Mark Lane

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:[my note:] While I harbor some unease about Lane's associations with Jones and Jonestown, his work on JFK has been good and shouldn't be thrown out due to the above - for which he may well have been set-up exactly FOR his JFK work. [the mansion has many rooms - all with mirrors on every surface.]

Dear Folks:

On November 22, 1963, President John F. Kennedy was murdered on a bright sunny day in Dallas, Texas. On November 24, 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald was murdered in the basement of the Dallas Police and Courts Building, while handcuffed to a police officer. The next day, the New York Times headline was, "President's Assassin Shot to Death..." That headline disturbed me. I passionately believed then, as I still do, in the American system of justice, and that headline convicted a man before he was even indicted. In December, 1963, I published A Lawyer's Brief; Is Oswald Innocent? in the National Guardian. It began:

IN ALL LIKELIHOOD there does not exist a single American community where reside 12 men or women, good and true, who presume that Lee Harvey Oswald did not assassinate President Kennedy. No more savage comment can be made in reference to the breakdown of the Anglo-Saxon system of jurisprudence. At the very foundation of our judicial operation lies a cornerstone which shelters the innocent and guilty alike against group hysteria, manufactured evidence, overzealous law enforcement officials, in short, against those factors which militate for an automated, prejudged, neatly packaged verdict of guilty. It is the sacred right of every citizen accused of committing a crime to the presumption of innocence.

It is now 2013. It has been 50 years the Kennedy assassination. Since my article was published, I have written four books questioning the Warren Commission Report on the assassination. The first, Rush to Judgment, was the New York Times number one bestselling book for the year 1966, and again the number one bestselling paperback for the year 1967, showing there was a deep hunger for the truth from the beginning. Many, many others have meticulously researched and questioned every aspect of the assassination, and it remains today one of the highest profile unsolved mysteries of our time, despite official claims that it was solved 50 years ago.

This year I will continue to lobby for the truth. My friend, Martin Sheen, was kind enough to provide the narration for my new film, A Rush to Judgment, which combines the witness reports from the original Rush to Judgment with new material, including my discussion with Oliver Stone, the director of JFK, Robert Tanenbaum, the chief investigator for the House Select Committee on Assassinations, and Abraham Bolden, the first African American member of the White House Detail of the Secret Service, handpicked by President Kennedy for that detail. A Rush to Judgment is nearing completion we are hoping it will be available to you soon. I'll keep you posted.(My emphasis - AE)

We are also planning the release of my first three books on the Kennedy assassination, Rush to Judgment, A Citizen's Dissent, and Plausible Denial, as Ebooks. Look for them this summer.

Mark Lane

I hope everyone caught that next-to-the-last paragraph in Mark Lane's letter. His latest film should be fantastic and very important.

Adele
Adele,

Do ou know the date of this letter? Hope all is well with you and yours.

Thanks,
David Healy
David Healy Wrote:Adele,

Thanks,
David Healy

Not sure, can try to find out...but got the feeling it was very recently sent out.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
This I just found on Lane's website. It seems to be the book that the film is based upon.

Last Word
My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK
by Mark Lane

Mark Lane tried the only U.S. court case in which jurors concluded that the CIA plotted the murder of President Kennedy, but there was always a missing piece: How did the CIA control the Dallas Police Department and secret service agents on the ground in Dealey Plaza? How did federal authorities prevent the House Select Committee on Assassinations from discovering the truth about the complicity of the CIA?

Now, New York Times best-selling author Mark Lane tells all in this explosive new bookwith exclusive new interviews, sworn testimony, and meticulous new research (including interviews with Oliver Stone, Dallas Police deputy sheriffs, Robert K. Tanenbaum, and Abraham Bolden) Lane finds out first hand exactly what went on the day JFK was assassinated. Lane includes sworn statements given to the Warren Commission by a police officer who confronted a man who he thought was the assassin. The officer testified that he drew his gun and pointed it at the suspect who showed Secret Service ID. Yet, the Secret Service later reported that there were no Secret Service agents on foot in Dealey Plaza.

Last Word proves that the CIA, operating through a secret small group, prepared all credentials for Secret Service agents in Dallas for the two days that Kennedy was going to be thereconclusive evidence of the CIA's involvement in the assassination. Available now.

This is listed as a trailer for the book....since when do books have 'trailers'? Perhaps some out-takes from the new film...don't know.
Mark Lane does a noble job in outlining CIA's involvement.
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

Thanks,
David Healy

Not sure, can try to find out...but got the feeling it was very recently sent out.

Thanks Peter, my thought exactly.
David
David Healy Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

Thanks,
David Healy

Thanks Peter, my thought exactly.
David

David,

I recently received it as email from Treefrog, who sends information out very quickly. I had planned to post it myself, but Peter beat me to it. I emphasized the next-to-last paragraph about the film re-editing of Executive Action in a reply. Many months ago (year?) I had suggested making a video of witness accounts in the JFK assassination, which could have been done by someone with knowledge and means, to be shown on the internet as a tribute to in the 50th year of the JFK Assassination. I'm sure Mark Lane will do a very good presentation.

Adele

Uploaded on Nov 20, 2010 An early preview of a new documentary film by Mark Lane, author of "Rush To Judgment" and "Plausible Denial." The new film A RUSH TO JUDGMENT is still in production with an anticipated release date in 2011. The film updates the watershed 1967 film with new interviews and new findings by Lane regarding the JFK assassination that remains unresolved after nearly 50 years.

This preview includes an interview with Abraham Bolden, the first African American secret service agent who talks about the attitudes of the men who served on President Kennedy's secret service detail on November 22, 1963.

Directed by Mark Lane and Marc Saltarelli
Narration by Martin Sheen

~~~

Phil's footnote: I enjoyed reading Mark Lane, Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK. For those who have not read his Plausible Denial, it's a treat--Hunt's alibi smashed.

Hunt and Phillips in Dallas.

Jim DiEugenio's Destiny Betrayed II puts the context of Phillips-McCord-Banister-Ferrie-Oswald to use in exposing the second biggest domestic CIA op, that of torpedoing Garrison's case against Shaw that fascist accessory to the DeGaulle misses.

Reviewed the William F. Buckley Firing Line ambush of the left-liberal (oooh) Mark Lane.

Isn't it precious that this "former" CIA bracelet charm admitted, "I don't really care who killed the president."

Oh, and it's so twoo, so vewwy, vewwy twoo--

These people make Pavlov's dogs look cotton-mouthed.

Go, Mark Lane, Go. Man.
I liked the first film.
The Last Word is also good as you said.
This new film I gotta get.
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Mark Knight Should Never Be Allowed To Be A Moderator Brian Doyle 1 389 18-07-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Steven Gillon:Mark Lane Equals Trump Jim DiEugenio 0 1,613 03-12-2020, 03:07 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Oswald's last letter Jim DiEugenio 1 2,187 07-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump Jim DiEugenio 6 4,318 08-11-2019, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Billy Joe Lord 1977 Letter to new POTUS: Why is there STILL misunderstanding of what triggered it? Tom Scully 0 1,929 28-07-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  My Cover Letter to Rep. Ilhan Omar Jim DiEugenio 3 3,301 25-04-2019, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Time-Life and the 50th Jim DiEugenio 1 10,588 15-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Documentary on Mark Lane by Pauley Perrette Lauren Johnson 4 12,649 10-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Martin White
  First letter from CIA to instruct assignments the day after the assassination Scott Kaiser 1 2,435 29-04-2017, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  I hope no three letter agency is violating my privacy Scott Kaiser 1 2,828 14-10-2016, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser