Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saint Louis, anyone?
Hi all,

Any readers of this site in the Saint Louis, Missouri area?

I mentioned in another thread that I have never seen the Richard Dudman article published in the December 1, 1963 Saint Louis Post-Dispatch which (reportedly) quotes Parkland doctors saying the bullet hole in JFK's throat was an entrance wound.

The article doesn't seem to be on the Internet anywhere, nor is it is in National Archives, based on a search of the name "Richard Dudman" at their web site.

I'd like to find someone in the Saint Louis area willing to go to a library and try to find it on microfilm. It might also be digitized and in a Post-Dispatch archive, but I'm only guessing about that.

Or if you just happen to have a clipping taped into your scrap book, or can shed any light on this question at all...

If you are such a person, please either reply to this thread or send me a private message.
i grew up in St. Louis and posted a lot of JFK related material on the St. Louis Post Dispatch web site called STL Today. There is got lots and lots of views.

Then about a year and half ago I was kicked off the Site by what seemed like a new moderator called Mandy.

It was shortly after I had posted a thread about the Dudman article of 12-1-63. I cannot remember exactly now, but I THOUGHT I HAD POSTED THE ARTICLE DIRECTLY ON THE SITE? On the other hand it is also possible that I simply posted a part of the article quoted from another source.

Around that time I recall seeing a blip about Dudman giving some talk in St Louis. He was, I think, 86 years of age. That was about 15 months ago as I recall..

I also made contact with the Film Critic at Post Dispatch. He is quite an expert on the JFK assassination and has posted on the topic blowing away lone nutters with his deep knowledge of the case. I will try to get a means by which you can contact him. Otherwise I will see if someone I know in St. Louis might be available to go to the Missouri Historical Society on Lindel. Wait I just realize I know an uber librarian at St Louis Public Library.

I make all this public not only out of my desire to help John but because I think it, once again, illustrates my point that what threatens the powerful the most, is not when JFK assassination researchers post at each other, BUT WHEN THEY POST WIDE SPECTRUM, AS IF ALL CITIZENS WERE THIER AUDIENCE. Those posts got lots of views. The film critic guy even intimated that he would not be at all surprised if "Mandy" was operating under orders, when she suddenly banned me from ever posting again at STL Today. This was after I had been posting there for ten years, and been posting there for nearly four years about JFK and the Unspeakable, mostly.

We need to post wide. Many do not realize how moated we have become.
Nathaniel Heidenheimer Wrote:...Wait I just realize I know an uber librarian at St Louis Public Library.

Some of my best friends are librarians. Research librarians, in fact.

If your uber librarian can't help out, then I'm going down with the ship. (I don't know what I mean by that, but I must mean something.)

A number of years back I saw a NYT article at the Sixth Floor Museum, "Doctors Unsure of Number of Shots." It was a brief item on page 2, 11-24-63 edition below the fold, according to my notes of the time. It also mentioned a throat wound. But wouldn't you know it? That item is not in the NYT online archive I sometimes use.

An article by David Slawson, circa 1975, tried to explain away any and all reports of a throat wound by citing the chaos of those earliest press conferences. I don't buy it.

Please let me know how it goes with your uber librarian for better or for worse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saint Fletcher the Obscure Charles Drago 129 38,203 24-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo
  Louis W. Ivon Magda Hassan 3 3,929 22-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  More Saint John Hunt... Bernice Moore 0 2,106 21-11-2011, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Louis McFadden, the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank System, and the JFK Assasssination 0 2,192 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: