Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have contact data for Andy Winiarczyk?
This phone number is (or was last week) disconnected. >>>[B] 717-321-1150[/B].
Thanks in advance.
I was trying to give Andy some business.
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON
I have bought books from Andy for many years but at the moment there are several problems. A well known author put several hundred copies of his book with Andy. A few years passed and Andy could not account for the number of sales or the many missing books. I am wondering if some health issue has come up. He's always been honest and reliable, so this is most bizarre.

Dawn
Dawn Meredith Wrote:I have bought books from Andy for many years but at the moment there are several problems. A well known author put several hundred copies of his book with Andy. A few years passed and Andy could not account for the number of sales or the many missing books. I am wondering if some health issue has come up. He's always been honest and reliable, so this is most bizarre.

Dawn

Has anyone been able to contact him at all this past year? Last July (2012) I was looking for a reasonably priced copy of Harvey & Lee (I think I found the last one on line for less than $150), but discovered that his website was down; I tried continuously to call him for about a week, but his line always came up disconnected. I tried again later in October 2012 regarding back issues of Probe (ended up buying the CD), with the same results.
Andy is a good friend of long standing and a principled, honorable man. I am most distressed by the information on this thread.
i bought tons and sold a few to Andy. Sorry to hear this and hope it is only that he has moved. I believe they once had a minimal website with a list of books available....I'll look....ugh....the website is down and the facebook page seems unattended. Don't know what to say.....Sad
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I heard on Black Op Radio just a few weeks ago that Andy was having undefined trouble.

I had listened to interviews Len did with him quite some time ago.
I read a lot and pick a decent non-fiction book or two every month. After buying 'Thy Will Be Done', I wanted to get Colby's first book 'The Du Pont Dynasty' and I decided to buy it from Andy instead of Amazon.

Now thanks to you folks I know more than I did.
It seems sad to me given the high opinion every single accomplished,
wrong word - more experienced - researcher I know of has respect for this man.
That consensus is good enough for me to agree.

All we are going to be left with for book and materials stores will the e-net merchants.
Non-Chain stores and small shops are going, going gone.....Library Arts need not apply.
When was the last time you saw a copy of something older and not reprinted in a 'HalfPrice Books' store?
6 seconds in dallas? Nope.

You know Amazon really does NOT support free speech.
Implied unstated freedom of thought stifled thereby.
Garbage in, garbage out.:fullofit:
FRANCIS BACON
I cannot reach Andy by telephone or any other method. Accordingly, I ask anyone who may be in contact with him to let him know that I'm standing by to help.

Andy: If you're reading this, please call me at your earliest convenience.

Charlie
I just dialed 1-570-321-1150 and after three rings Andy answered.

We chatted for several minutes and I expressed everyone's concern--and my interest in Harvey & Lee.

He does not currently have that, but has other things he mentioned that are going high on my wish list.

Should he not answer, leave your name and number and he'll call you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Last-...2005095072

The Last Hurrah Bookshop

Book Store
[TABLE="class: _54q"]
[TR="class: _54r"]
[TD="class: _54s"]Address[/TD]
[TD="class: _54t"]
  • 937 Memorial Ave
  • Williamsport, PA 17701-4754
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: _54r"]
[TD="class: _54s"]Phone[/TD]
[TD="class: _54t"](570) 321-1150[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
So glad to hear this.
I'll give Andy some business when I can.
There are always a few things I would like to get....
I cannot overstate the importance of the bookshops like Andy's in making available hard to find stuff.
Or being willing to help find a volume and then contact you.
Thanks Phil and All.
FRANCIS BACON
Excellent news. Thank you, Phil.