Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRISM/NSA/Etc. -Free Search Engine?.....maybe...they seem to be trying.
I doubt it is as good as Tor, but maybe it should be combined with it.

No PRISM. No Surveillance. No Government Back Doors. You Have our Word on it.

Giant US government Internet spying scandal revealed

The Washington Post and The Guardian have revealed a US government mass Internet surveillance program code-named "PRISM". They report that the NSA and the FBI have been tapping directly into the servers of nine US service providers, including Facebook, Microsoft, Google, Apple, Yahoo, YouTube, AOL and Skype, and began this surveillance program at least seven years ago. (clarifying slides)
These revelations are shaking up an international debate.
StartPage has always been very outspoken when it comes to protecting people's Privacy and civil liberties. So it won't surprise you that we are a strong opponent of overreaching, unaccountable spy programs like PRISM. In the past, even government surveillance programs that were begun with good intentions have become tools for abuse, for example tracking civil rights and anti-war protesters.
Programs like PRISM undermine our Privacy, disrupt faith in governments, and are a danger to the free Internet.
StartPage and its sister search engine Ixquick have in their 14-year history never provided a single byte of user data to the US government, or any other government or agency. Not under PRISM, nor under any other program in the US, nor under any program anywhere in the world.
Here's how we are different:
  • StartPage does not store any user data. We make this perfectly clear to everyone, including any governmental agencies. We do not record the IP addresses of our users and we don't use tracking cookies, so there is literally no data about you on our servers to access. Since we don't even know who our customers are, we can't share anything with Big Brother. In fact, we've never gotten even a single request from a governmental authority to supply user data in the fourteen years we've been in business.
  • StartPage uses encryption (HTTPS) by default. Encryption prevents snooping. Your searches are encrypted, so others can't "tap" the Internet connection to snoop what you're searching for. This combination of not storing data together with using strong encryption for the connections is key in protecting your Privacy.
  • Our company is based in The Netherlands, Europe. US jurisdiction does not apply to us, at least not directly. Any request or demand from ANY government (including the US) to deliver user data, will be thoroughly checked by our lawyers, and we will not comply unless the law which actually applies to us would undeniably require it from us. And even in that hypothetical situation, we refer to our first point; we don't even have any user data to give. We will never cooperate with voluntary spying programs like PRISM.
  • StartPage cannot be forced to start spying. Given the strong protection of the Right to Privacy in Europe, European governments cannot just start forcing service providers like us to implement a blanket spying program on their users. And if that ever changed, we would fight this to the end.

Privacy. It's not just our policy, it's our mission.

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
There was a very good program tonight on American PBS explaining NSA wiretapping and surveillance in relation to Snowden. It was the best production I have seen because it explained a very complicated technical and legislative process by which NSA worked its way into existing corporate internet marketing tracking, piggybacking its spying program on top of already-existing internet marketing tracking technology.

It's interesting to know that the PRISM program is named after a device that uses a prism to split the signal on a fiber optic cable sending one signal onward to the cyber company and another to the NSA surveillance computers.

If anybody finds a video of that program please post it because it is very revealing.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/...f-secrets/

Albert Doyle Wrote:There was a very good program tonight on American PBS explaining NSA wiretapping and surveillance in relation to Snowden. It was the best production I have seen because it explained a very complicated technical and legislative process by which NSA worked its way into existing corporate internet marketing tracking, piggybacking its spying program on top of already-existing internet marketing tracking technology.

It's interesting to know that the PRISM program is named after a device that uses a prism to split the signal on a fiber optic cable sending one signal onward to the cyber company and another to the NSA surveillance computers.

If anybody finds a video of that program please post it because it is very revealing.
Watch that program. It's the best I've seen by far, I promise you.

You'll be disgusted by Hayden's big brother patronizing contempt and how the American public needs his surveillance because they are so silly they don't know what they want. Hayden even has the balls to say it is his Constitutional right to run these anti-Constitutional programs. Orwellian bastard.
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I doubt it is as good as Tor, but maybe it should be combined with it.

No PRISM. No Surveillance. No Government Back Doors. You Have our Word on it.

Giant US government Internet spying scandal revealed

DuckDuckGo is another good search engine
https://duckduckgo.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_Duck_Go
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The best search engines for deep politics research David Guyatt 7 19,979 23-01-2016, 08:41 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  New Free Legal Academic Torrent Site Just Begun Peter Lemkin 3 25,902 08-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  My Kind of Search Engine! Finds Declassified Documents Peter Lemkin 4 17,438 05-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Prism Break Magda Hassan 15 46,993 21-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  NASA's Massive Free E-Book Collection Magda Hassan 1 36,029 13-08-2013, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Transcribable: Free the Files to Go! Magda Hassan 0 7,413 17-07-2013, 01:13 AM
  Top 9 free vpn services out there Magda Hassan 2 8,147 17-04-2012, 04:13 PM
  Search Digital Archives JFK Library. Bernice Moore 0 3,500 08-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  LittleSis* is a free database of who-knows-who at the heights of business and government. Ed Jewett 0 3,844 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Berlin Crisis CIA Newly Declassified Documents and Free CIA Multimedia DVD-ROM Available Bernice Moore 0 3,623 08-11-2011, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore